Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I've already filed but amending for a late 1099. In the final step TT does a "check" and my mortgage needs review. It won't load the next page. Chrome and Firefox.

All I get is the blue circle spinning for hours. Tried yesterday and again today with no luck. I realize it's a TT problem but why would they ask me to change my mortgage interest form if I've already filed and didn't come up in the previous quality check?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already filed but amending for a late 1099. In the final step TT does a "check" and my mortgage needs review. It won't load the next page. Chrome and Firefox.

Try deleting your browser's cookies. Please see our FAQ regarding  How to delete cookies! If that doesn't clear up the request to review the mortgage section, reply back on this thread so we can further assist. 

I deleted the cookies per instructions and still have the same problem. 

Try using a different browser. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Are you trying to amend because of an email you received about mortgage interest?   Your original post was over a month ago, so if you are still having the same issue today and you are using the Online version of TurboTax, there may be another problem.  

If you still have issues, try contacting support to get this resolved.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No it’s because I received a 1099 after I filed in March. The post is a month old because I was waiting for the stimulus check to go through and didn’t want an amended return to complicate the process. 

I’ve tried safari, Firefox, and chrome. I wonder if I should just submit it with the error because there doesn’t seem to be any way to fix it. 

If using a different browser doesn't help then contact TT support for assistance ...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You can't e-file the amendment; it has to be printed, signed, and mailed.  And the IRS is not processing them right now, so no rush needed.   But as long as the 1099 you added did not have anything to do with your mortgage (or rental or home office), you can by-pass the ''check''.  

You can go back through the mortgage interview if you itemized and/or took any deductions related to the mortgage interest you reported.  If you want to do this, type in 1098 into the search bar and review the entries. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies