turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nt_eagle

I used Turbo Tax for my 2019 Return, and have already received my Refund via the Turbo Tax Green Dot Card. Will my COVID-19 Stimulus Check Payment be sent to this Card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I used Turbo Tax for my 2019 Return, and have already received my Refund via the Turbo Tax Green Dot Card. Will my COVID-19 Stimulus Check Payment be sent to this Card?

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts.

We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lazyb587
Returning Member

IRS did not and still does not allow you to update bank info.  My stimulus also went to Green Dot bank but I do not have a card w/ Green Dot.  Their phone is an automated system and you cannot get to a person.  I actually opened an acct with them yesterday hoping that they would find I have an acct now and put the funds in it. But my account still says $0. How do we get our $$?  TURBO TAX, this is YOUR 3rd party vendor.  YOU need to get with the higher ups and get us a way to contact them to find and retrieve our funds!

mmad47

hi! was this ever solved?

@mmad47

The first EIP --or stimulus check--- was issued in 2020  It was for $1200 for adults and $500 for a dependent under the age of 17.   The IRS used information from either your 2019 or 2020 tax return to issue those checks so they could send them out in a hurry.

The 2nd EIP or stimulus was issued in late 2020 or early 2021 and was $600 for adults and $600 for dependents under age 17.

If you did not receive the 1st and/or 2nd stimulus check you can get it by filing a 2020 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   It will end up on line 30 of a 2020 tax return and will be added to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

The 3rd EIP--or stimulus check-- was sent out in mid-March or later in 2021 and was for $1400 per person--adults and dependents no age limit.

If you did not get the 3rd EIP payment you can get it by filing a 2021 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   The credit will go on line 30 of your Form 1040 and will add to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

Try checking your online account with the IRS (and if you filed a joint return—check for BOTH of you)

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

Does the IRS show that you received a $1400 per person stimulus or EIP check in 2021?   Did you receive it?   When you were asked on your tax return did you say no?   Was there $1400 per person on line 30 of your tax return?

If the IRS says you got $1400  per person last year but you did not receive it you can have it traced.

LOST THIRD STIMULUS CHECK

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-round-economic-impact-payment-top...

If you need to trace a payment that the IRS says has been issued to you, mail or fax a completed IRS Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
mmad47

Got 2nd and 3rd payments into a bank account I informed to the IRS after filing taxes. Did not inform any bank account on my 2019 tax return. Only missing first payment. Filed several traces with the IRS and was told that the money had been deposited to an account in my name at Green Dot Bank. That account (and the money in it) is the one I am attempting to access.

did you ever find out how to get your money? same thing happened to me

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies