Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kerrikim1

I payed 3307.99 in Federal taxes ,this says i only get 985.00. I thought. Igot all of it,do i not get it all back?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I payed 3307.99 in Federal taxes ,this says i only get 985.00. I thought. Igot all of it,do i not get it all back?

No, you do not get all of it back  People who live and work in the U.S. pay tax to the government. 

That is one of the ways your government gets money to run the country.  That is why tax was withheld from your pay.  The amount of tax you need to pay depends on your filing status, how much you earned, whether you have dependents, credits/deductions you qualify for, etc. etc. etc.

Your tax refund is the difference between the amount of tax you have to pay and the amount withheld.  If too much was withheld, you get some back.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Taxes are what pay for all the government programs and keep America running.If you do not have enough withheld, you will owe. If you owe more than $1,000 the IRS will add penalties.

@xmasbaby0 is correct.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies