Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I owe for my federal return, but my balance isn't updated on my IRS account, it says it "isn't available at this time." When will it update?

I wanted to pay in two installments (payment plan), but as the IRS hasn't noted my balance due on their site I don't know how or when to pay it-- does anyone have any advice?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I owe for my federal return, but my balance isn't updated on my IRS account, it says it "isn't available at this time." When will it update?

When did you file the return ?  Was it mailed or was it efiled successfully? 

When you go to www.IRS.gov/pay are you not able to make a payment for the 2022 tax return form 1040? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed on 02/28/2023 and it says my Federal Tax Return was accepted by TurboTax the same day. When I filled out the return I opted to pay what I owe my my federal return with their payment plan. However, when I try to go to the IRS website to view or pay it online, it says it hasn't processed. I'm confused and would rather just pay it in full at this point so I can stop worrying about it. 

When you pay late, the IRS charges you interest.

Pay as much as you can now.

If you want to make two payments make one payment now and another payment later.

You will pay interest until it is all paid.

That's all there is to it.

www.irs.gov/payments 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies