Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wcbanta

I just got a "400 Bad Request" error message. I have used Turbotax before and there are copies of those files on my computer. What is your problem??!

I am pretty sure I filled out all the questions properly, but still received the 

I just got a "400 Bad Request" error message. I have used Turbotax before and there are copies of those files on my computer. What is your problem??!

error message. What in the blazes is the problem?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
wcbanta

I am trying to gain access to my Intuit account. I have filed Turbotax returns many times in the past, but Intuit does not seem to know who I am. I tried each of their many prompts and succeeding sites to recover my lost account, but got rejected every time. It asked for my phone and emails, without success. On my final attempt, I filled out the "if all else fails" form to recover my lost account and got the error message, "400 Bad Request." I looked through all the dozens of explanations for this message, again without success. I am quite sure all my data was submitted correctly. Is there any way to reach a human being? I can't get past the soulless robots.

I am also getting this error every time I try to log in to QuickBooks Self-Employed

HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request

Sometimes, like today, it let me log in but then sits loading the dashboard until it finally refreshes the page with this error message.

I tried clearing my cache as many other posts have recommended but it still does this. It is very frustrating because I use this to keep track of both my personal and business finances now. It's been about a week that I can't access any of my information other than on the app (which the dashboards do not display personal info, only business, on the app).

Running into this issue. I'd use Firefox or another browser in the meantime.

rwfrazee

I have been having the same issue with my QBSE login.  I have used Chrome for two years with QBSE and no issues.  I recently added QB Online for a second company, which is a corporation, but these have different logins and are indeed different products.  My QB Online has no issues for logging in, but the QBSE for the past month has given me this HTTP 400-Bad Request every time I have tried to login.  Even worse, I tried calling the QB Support number [phone number removed], which is useless as no matter the selection you make from the phone tree it hangs up on you.  This needs to get fixed and in a hurry.

JBTT

Has anyone found the solution to this problem?  This Turbo tax site sucks.

I have not been able to find a result for this on TurboTax, but I did find this response on Google.

A 400 Bad Request Error occurs when a request sent to the website server is incorrect or corrupt, and the server receiving the request can’t understand it. Occasionally, the problem is on the website itself, and there’s not much you can do about that. But most of the time, the problem is one you might be able to solve—maybe you typed the address wrong, or maybe your browser cache is causing problems. Here are some solutions you can try.

My experience with other programs has been to clear browser history and cache.  That is my next attempt at resolving this as I am going through it quite a bit lately.  Fingers crossed.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the following steps which may help clear the loop you are experiencing:

• Log completely out of Turbo Tax.
  • Then, clear your cache and cookies within your browser and completely close out of it.  I have included the Help Articles below if you need assistance with clearing cache or cookies.
  • Re-open the browser and log back into Turbo Tax and see if this fixes the situation.
    • You can also try a different browser as well, or "incognito mode".

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please reach back out here in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps. 

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies