turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just e-filed and received a refund of $1800 and I also did the recovery rebate to get both of my stimulus Which I am eligible for but I noticed when I filed my taxes that my total stimulus was not r

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I just e-filed and received a refund of $1800 and I also did the recovery rebate to get both of my stimulus Which I am eligible for but I noticed when I filed my taxes that my total stimulus was not r

If you did not receive the 2019 or 2020 stimulus payments, then your two payments would total $1800.  If you are entitled to a refund from other income taxes that you had paid in 2020, then that refund would have been added to the $1800 for stimulus payments.  

You will need to review your return to see if all of your income and payments have been recorded for wages, interest, pensions, self-employment or other sources of income.  

Thank you for your input. But just to clarify are you saying that the $1800 stimulus payments should’ve been reflected in my total refund. So my refund was $1800 and my stimulus payments are supposed to total $1800 then when I e-filed Should my total refund have reflected the total of the stimulus and the refund a total of $3600. Thank you

If you are single with no dependents, not able to be claimed as a dependent by someone else, and meet income requirements, and did not receive the first or second payment, then your refund would be $1800.

Your $1800 refund is the total of your two stimulus payments.  TurboTax starts you with $1800 and then takes away the amount of stimulus payments that you have already received.  

Since you did not receive any stimulus payments, your refund stayed at $1800.  Have you received only the first payment, then your refund would have dropped to $600.  If you had received the first and second refund payments, your refund would have dropped to zero.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies