turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have tried several times to fix my AGI on my return... How do I fix this? I read it directly off my last return so I don't know why it says it's wrong.

AGI HELP
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have tried several times to fix my AGI on my return... How do I fix this? I read it directly off my last return so I don't know why it says it's wrong.

2020 returns were (and some still are) backlogged because the IRS was behind which is causing some 2020 AGI to be rejected even if they are correct.  Try using a Zero for your 2020 AGI, that has worked for others to be able to e-file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

2020 returns were (and some still are) backlogged because the IRS was behind which is causing some 2020 AGI to be rejected even if they are correct.  Try using a Zero for your 2020 AGI, that has worked for others to be able to e-file.

Miked26

I just filed my 2022 taxes. Me and my wife file jointly and as soon as i e file, it gets rejected saying my AGI is incorrect. i got the AGI amount from line 11 of my 2021 form 1040. The first time i e filed, it said my AGI was incorrect, so I put the amount in again and resent it. now it says my wife's agi is incorrect. we file jointly and there is one combined amount on line eleven. do i put that total amount for her or do they want something different?

Since you filed jointly in 2021, you would enter the full amount of your 2021 AGI for both of you.  Do not split the amount. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies