Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

latrel30

I have a wage and tax statement form how do I put that in ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RalphH1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Assuming you’re referring to the official “Wage and Tax Statement” (the classic W-2 form, here), it’s in “Federal Taxes,” under “Wages & Income.” If you tell TurboTax you’ll choose what you work on, you’ll then see it near the very top of “Your 2022 Income Summary.”  Or if you like to use the search bar, the way described in this Help article is even faster.

However, @latrel30, I’m thinking you might be talking about some kind of wage statement other than the official IRS W-2 form. If that’s the case, the next question would be is there actually a W-2 (or should there be one), and you just don’t have a copy of it (or the payer hasn’t issued it)? If one of the variations of that is a yes, then the answer is to get the W-2 or get them to issue it. (Here’s how you might be able to import it into TurboTax, if there is one at some point.)

But if there’s no matching W-2, or one isn't needed (or if it’s foreign income), you can enter it in TurboTax as “Other Earned Income.” Expert IsabellaG provides very clear step-by-step instructions on that here. (Note that the 1040 has changed since she wrote that, and your Other Earned Income now shows up on line 1h.)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RalphH1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Assuming you’re referring to the official “Wage and Tax Statement” (the classic W-2 form, here), it’s in “Federal Taxes,” under “Wages & Income.” If you tell TurboTax you’ll choose what you work on, you’ll then see it near the very top of “Your 2022 Income Summary.”  Or if you like to use the search bar, the way described in this Help article is even faster.

However, @latrel30, I’m thinking you might be talking about some kind of wage statement other than the official IRS W-2 form. If that’s the case, the next question would be is there actually a W-2 (or should there be one), and you just don’t have a copy of it (or the payer hasn’t issued it)? If one of the variations of that is a yes, then the answer is to get the W-2 or get them to issue it. (Here’s how you might be able to import it into TurboTax, if there is one at some point.)

But if there’s no matching W-2, or one isn't needed (or if it’s foreign income), you can enter it in TurboTax as “Other Earned Income.” Expert IsabellaG provides very clear step-by-step instructions on that here. (Note that the 1040 has changed since she wrote that, and your Other Earned Income now shows up on line 1h.)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies