Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

**bleep** the IRS!!! This is **bleep**ing bull**bleep**! I filed with 1040.com like I have been doing for the past 5yrs. My return was supposed to be in sometime. The status bar disappeared 2 weeks after I filed. After my time was up and I still had not received any information I called IRS they said it was up for review i said no **bleep** but WHY THOUGH??? 1st idiot didn't give me any info then 2nd guy said because I put my 1099 from unemployment on the same lines at my w2s but it should all be cleard and I should have my refund by June 14th which is today. I really needed my **bleep**ing money to pay my rent and bills. Now I'm getting evicted & i literally have no **bleep**ing place to go!!! **bleep** you IRS if it was the other way around and you guys wanted your money you would take it out right then and **bleep**ing there but **bleep** us right **bleep** the people who really need there refunds. And **bleep** you DONALD PIECE OF **bleep** DUMP TRUMP!
sdknudsen

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

I did the taxes in Feb, they said they needed 120 days...I just today got a letter stating they are needing another 60 days. My taxes were SIMPLE I had 2 different jobs, and the only thing was that my wife died in January, before I got all the forms to file.

honeybee

I filed my taxes Feb 24th, received a letter April 11th saying they need 60 days for review, it is now June 18th and when i go into where's my refund it says "Still processing" and will provide DD when available, THIS IS BS!!!

The IRS sucks this year! My return was accepted on Feb 5. March 18th received first letter saying 45 days. March 20th received second letter stating additional 60 days. Called May 28th and was told it was told an additional letter had been sent out on May 23rd and that I was under review for an additional 60 days. This is utterly ridiculous that they are holding so many people's money hostage. We'd all be under the jail if we decided we weren't going to pay them. UGH!!!!

No! Its been almost 20 weeks since this process started. This is sickening. Im beyond angry. And have almost lost hope. Wth

Still nothing. Did mine on feb 3rd and still!!!!! NOTHING. Baffling.

No I havent received my refund I filled my taxes on February 2 and on may 28 they had told me they need 60 days and I said okay that's fine but then yesterday i called and I ask them why is it taking so long and they wanted an extra 60 more day like seriously because my income wasn't adding up

Have you received your refund?

In the same boat. Filed in January, I’ve gotten two letters.
Brandon10
Returning Member

I think i may be in the same boat. I am on my 3rd 60 day referral extension. Without recieving a single letter . when i called today the irs just plain said "i dunno". And noted to my account that there was an error by the irs or the system.
Are93

Actually yes they can take it out of your account. You should have gotten an email from Turbo tax saying the fee will be drafted form your account on or before the date the provided you with. So once you get your refund you should get your complete amount:)

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to give those of you who may still be waiting on your return. I did finally receive my taxes a couple weeks ago.  There is hope, i believe they may finally be catching up. I had a couple of coworkers that were in the same boat and they have also received theirs. So fingers crossed for everyone that has yet to get theirs!!

Got the 45 day letter first in March I believe around 15-20th. 3 days later received a 60 day letter. May 21st rolls around, which is the 60 day mark and nothing. May 25th I receive the 2nd 60 day letter. Here I am July 22nd and no return, nor straight answers. Multiple irs calls and nothing over the last 6 months. Now from reading this thread it sounds like this was all TurboTax’s fault. And if it is I can’t believe they never told anyone. People like me have depended on their return and they don’t care. This whole situation is screwed. And I’m sorry we all have to go through this hell. At least we aren’t alone
bolts1722

this is my 2nd year in a row I got a letter

We filed ours in February 14 I believe first time using TurboTax to try to save some money and we just received a letter talking about a 60 day review I hope I did everything right! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies