Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j-kilgus

I filled my taxes on 1/12/20 it still says pending

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

For most people the IRS will not start processing returns until January 27, so most people who efile now will be in "pending" status and won't know anything further about the efile status until after January 27, except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing purposes.    Once the IRS opens on Jan. 27, it generally takes 24-48 hours to hear if accepted or rejected, but there can be a backlog at first.

To check the efile status periodically you can log back into your Online TurboTax account and check the status at the Tax Home page.  You should also get an email notice when the return is accepted or rejected.  But as I said above, for most people that will be after January 27, unless drawn early.

I filed mine on 1/15/2020.  And it also still says pending.  I heard a rumor that the IRS is not accepting them until after Jan 31?  Not sure if it's true or not but it came from department of workforce services, so prob is

@912misty wrote:

I filed mine on 1/15/2020.  And it also still says pending.  I heard a rumor that the IRS is not accepting them until after Jan 31?  Not sure if it's true or not but it came from department of workforce services, so prob is

Please see this IRS news release from January 6. 
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

I filed mine on 1/17/2020, they were accepted on 1/21/2020. My state taxes were accepted on 1/22/2020. 

@ reggie3187 wrote:

I filed mine on 1/17/2020, they were accepted on 1/21/2020. My state taxes were accepted on 1/22/2020. 

Yes, that's possible, but much less common.  As I said in my first comment above, the IRS pulls a few returns early each year for testing purposes.   Sound like yours was one of those.    For the bulk of early filers, the IRS will open the flood gates on Monday, January 27.

I got accepted on the 21th an got approved today my direct deposit is schedule to be deposit on the 29th😎😎😎

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies