Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes but for line 30 of the stimulus package I never received, it still shows as blank. Is this normal or will the irs just automatically release a different amount into my account when my

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I filed my taxes but for line 30 of the stimulus package I never received, it still shows as blank. Is this normal or will the irs just automatically release a different amount into my account when my

If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct or if you did not receive the stimulus for a dependent child under age 17, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.

To check that the Recovery Rebate has been transferred to line 30 of form 1040 and included in your tax refund, please preview your form 1040 by following these steps:

1. In TurboTax, open your return
  2. In the left-hand column, locate Tax Tools, click on the drop-down arrow then click on Tools
  3. On the Tools Center page, click on View Tax Summary
  4. In the left-hand column, click on Preview my 1040
  5. Your form 1040 will display.
  6. Scroll down to line 30 - Recovery rebate credit and you should see the amount of this credit on this line.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

But thats the thing, I met the requirements but ot shows as blank. When I spoke to the irs they informed me I wouldn't have to fill anything out because I never received either payment but now Im seeing that when I filed I was supposed to check off on something I did not see. 

The IRS will continue to process stimulus payments until February 5.  So continue to check the Get My Payment website.  

Since you already filed your taxes, you will have to wait until the IRS processes your return and then file an amendment to claim your stimulus payment.  

File the amendment after your original return is finished and you get any refund due to you.

Here is what to do on the amendment:

At the top of your tax return select Federal Review

Insert fed review pic

That will take you to this screen where it asks if you have already received your stimulus payments.  If you received the first or second payment already, then select Yes and fill in the information.  If you did not receive any payment select No.  If you received the first payment only, fill in that amount and put zero (0) for the second payment.

When the screen is correct, you refund will be adjusted for the amount of stimulus payment that will be added to your 2020 refund.

Insert Stim Pic hereThen refile with the stimulus payment due as your refund.

wenrann1

I may have to pay this back to the government... I will hold it cause I already received it.  How do i fix the mistake

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Did you qualify for the $1,400 third stimulus payment?  What was reported on line 30 of your 2021 1040 tax return?

The qualifications for the third stimulus payment are: 

• you were a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien in 2021,
  • you were not a dependent of another taxpayer’s 2020 tax return, and
  • you have a Social Security number. 

There are income limitations are if your adjusted gross income (AGI) is more than: 

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household or
  • $75,000 if filing as a single or as married filing separately. 

If you received the $1,400 third stimulus payment and your received an IRS Letter 6475 in the amount of $1,400, you would enter $1,400 at the screen Let’s double-check the amount you received.

In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input the third stimulus check information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.  You can also access your stimulus check choices by following these steps: 

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • At the screen We're almost there… or the screen That's all we need…,  click on Let’s keep going.
  • At the screen Let’s double-check the amount you received, answer the questions and click Continue.

TurboTax will compare your stimulus payment amount to the computations within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that you have entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2021 1040 tax return.

If you have e-filed your 2021 Federal tax return and the tax return is accepted by the IRS, you will have to wait until the IRS processes your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies