Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vhurtado001
Returning Member

I filed but I just received a 1099-b. The total gains is $6.34, do I need to amend?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

I filed but I just received a 1099-b. The total gains is $6.34, do I need to amend?

It depends.  If the cost basis for the trade was reported to the IRS, then you won't have to amend.  If the cost basis was not reported to the IRS then they will assume the entire proceeds is a gain, and you might need to amend.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vhurtado001
Returning Member

How do I know if it was reported to the IRS? I bought stock on Robinhood in March but sold it by summer and kept all the funds on my Robinhood account. 

i would call irs after you receive your refund and ask you might be able to file this on 2021 taxes you have 3 years to amend

if you didn't report it via turbotax when you e-filed its not reported i would wait till you receive your refund then amend.like i said you have 3 years to amend

but with it being so little it might not even be worth it i would not worry about it tbh since its under 500

vhurtado001
Returning Member

Thank you for your responses. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies