Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't see my 2018 TurboTax file on my computer, and can't seem to find my CD. I DO have a printed copy of my 1040 and MN State form, and have 2015, 16, 17 files. Help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I don't see my 2018 TurboTax file on my computer, and can't seem to find my CD. I DO have a printed copy of my 1040 and MN State form, and have 2015, 16, 17 files. Help?

TurboTax (Intuit) would not have your 2018 tax file since you used the installed product (CD or download).

You can search your hard drive (and also any USB flash drives, external drives, etc.) for your 2018 tax file by searching for the extension, ".tax2018" (without the quotes). 

The CD would contain neither your .tax2018 file nor any PDF you might have saved; it is solely for installing the program on your computer. If you purchased just the CD and lost it, you can contact Customer Support and request that a download be placed in your account.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I DID find my CD. And I also found my return on my computer. I think it might have been that I'm still using Windows 7, and 2019 Turbo Tax will require Windows 8 or newer. Thanks for your time!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies