Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't put my direct deposit info in

How do I put my directangular deposit info in if I forgot
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MollsBBU

If you have not yet filed, you may edit direct deposit information by doing the following:

1. With your return open, click the File tab
  2. You will land on the last step page
  3. Complete Step 1 if you haven't already
  4. Then, the second line should say "Your refund info"
  5. To make an edit, click Revisit
  6. On the next screen, make sure In my bank is selected. Then, continue
  7. You may edit your account information on the next screen

If the program is still recognizing your bank information from last year, please reference this TurboTax FAQ for a workaround.

If you have already filed, it is too late to update your bank account information in the program. Assuming the bank rejects your refund because it is an incorrect account, the IRS will issue a check and mail it to the address shown on your tax return. Or, if the return hasn't already posted to the IRS's system, you can ask them to stop the direct deposit. You may call them toll-free at 800-829-1040, M - F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. For more information, please see IRS FAQ: What should I do if I entered an incorrect routing or account number?

I had to MAIL my tax return because there was a form not allowed for e-file. So I enter my direct deposit information and your X it out. XXXXXXX HOW IS THAT HELPFUL? NOW WHAT?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Richardgonzales

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. However, the IRS FAQ website states:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It won't accept my direct deposit information on the irs portal because you guys filed my stimulus return. I suppoed you guys with my direct deposit information and you xxx it out. So, what am I supposed to do? You guys gotta figure something out I am trying here.

How do i get my direct deposit information to my return

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If you only want to change your Direct Deposit Information

The Treasury is expected to shortly announce an online portal where direct deposit information can be supplied to the IRS. Here is what you should do: 

Go to  http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know to see if they have set up the online portal. (This article will be updated with the web address once it’s available.)

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you have not filed your return yet, you can make this change in the File section of the program.

Changing Direct Deposit information

Entering bank direct deposit information

If you have already filed your return and it has been accepted, you cannot make any changes to your return as it has already been transmitted to the IRS.  If your bank account is no longer there, the deposit will be rejected and your refund will be mailed on a paper check to the address on the tax return filed.

Federal refund questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies