turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't figure out where my taxes were sent last year . my deceased ex husbands estate had 90 days to claim and I don't know where they are

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I can't figure out where my taxes were sent last year . my deceased ex husbands estate had 90 days to claim and I don't know where they are

Your post is quite confusing.  Please explain what you mean.  How was your ex-spouse's estate supposed to claim your refund?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I understand it is confusing and believe me it has been nothing but a big confused mess on my end also.when my daughter was 17 a judgement was put to collect back owed child supportthat I had no way please send payments prior to the judgment. after my daughter turned 18 last December her father passed away. Child Support Enforcement then drops the judgement to collect but when I filed my taxes 4 2018 they were held for 90 days in case somebody from her deceased father's estate had the ability to claim them which they did not. due to a very stressful year chaos and less-than-ideal on organized move I have had a very hard time accessing my TurboTax account my belongings, and anybody that seemed to know after the 90 days which is long past we're my taxes had gone after nobody had claimed them. I see that TurboTax has been able to collect see that I owed which they had not been able to dowhile the taxes have been held. this makes me believe that my refund has been refunded to me but I cannot remember where I was to receive them if it was through the mail which I do not believe was the case or onto a card either gave to me by TurboTax or one that I already had. I do not recall actually activating a card for this and I am displaced from my wallet at this moment and have been for a couple months I'm hoping to change this get to the bottom of where my taxes are so I can file my taxes for this year with less of a hassle. I am really just picking up the pieces after a very stressful misfortunate year, and I understand that it seems confusing how I could not know these things but it just really has been one hell of a year and despite my best efforts to attempt to help myself in it has taken this long for me to be able toeven get to this point with my issues such as logging on to TurboTax on my account and reachinganyone that could actually answer my questions that includes today since I have been able to get onto TurboTax website I have been waiting a phone call for a very long time that should have been at least a half hour ago. I have really regressed somehow this year and would very much like to get to the bottom of this so I can utilize this year's taxes and last year's taxes that are in limbo so I can pull myself back up again so displaced. I am frustrated because TurboTax seems very unaccessibleand I am already having a slew of bad luck that seems to be getting in my way of progress. I do not feel despite paying for the extra Services just to ensure that my taxes wouldn't get caught in this limbo that TurboTax withheld their end of the bargain although it seems like they got paid when I still cannot figure out where my taxes are. if I could have talked to TurboTax long ago maybe they could have helps me a lot better than the agency that puts the 90 days hold on my return in the first place. or the other child support agencies I was referred to you that told me I need to look into the Lost funds Department of the US Treasury that did not know what they were talking about because that was not how I I've come to understand I will find my taxes. I could be wrong on that but it seems to me that TurboTax got their payment and I am confused how I am to get my payment at this point and I must say I am getting a bit beyond frustrated because I seem to have a real streak as bad luck especially when it comes to things of this nature and it is making it to where I can barely take care of myself and questioning my sanity because none of this really makes any sense in the first place. I'm not sure if this clarified my initial question but at the very least I was able to vent. I hope you may be able to direct me where I may be able to find my tax money and if not maybe UK direct me on how I can actually get a hold of a TurboTax agent because they still have not called me back as I have messaged you this time or the last time. I do thank you for your time and any answers that you may have for me.

How can I get a hold of customer service? They still haven't called me!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies