turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am officially angry at TT

I have posted here a few times about the status of my claim, and I have actually been pretty open to understanding all of the things that could have gone wrong.  But I want to very clearly say that I now believe that TT is most likely responsible for my refund being held up.  I spoke to cust service at the tax advocate office yesterday who CONFIRMED that there were programming glitches with TT processing (the famous line 30), leading to millions of returns being kicked out and needing to be processed by hand.  Other things leading to the delay could be an error keyed into the return (possible, but not really likely in my case TBH), or it could have been that my W2s hadn't been sent to the Social Security Administration (they were, I confirmed it).  On the plus side, if it is the line 30 error, the IRS can fix it and I won't need to resubmit, but it will need to be processed by hand by a live person and will be handled in the order it was received.  But honestly, this is unacceptable.  While we understand that it isn't TT that processes our refunds, we do pay you to process the RETURN correctly.  And, you didn't.  And not only is that leading to delays in getting our money, it's actually putting a massive toll on an organization that is already suffering from changes in tax laws, etc.  TT is making more work for people at the IRS, and they already have too much to do thanks to everything else that has been going on.  This is totally wrong, it's unfair.  How many tax payers were impacted, TT?  How many people aren't getting their money because of the mistakes in your programming?  And what are you going to do about it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
laurawigginton
Returning Member

I am wondering if this is my issue as well.  I filed with TT and my Claim was accepted federally (according to TT) on Feb 13.  When I access my account on the IRS website there is no record of my claim at all.  I can't get through to a live person anywhere and am wondering if I need to refile my claim?  I assume this is the same reason that I have no info regarding my stimulus check either.  UGH!!

From what I heard from the tax advocate, you should not refile until you hear from the IRS about what the problem is.  Not sure what you mean about no record of your claim - where are you looking and what do you see on Where's My Refund?

Apparently our tax laws are such that the customer service people at IRS and tax advocacy office are not legally allowed to tell us what's going on!  I feel for everyone answering those phones right now.  Literally getting yelled at all day by people who want their money.  And it's not their fault. And some of them are probably waiting for their money, too.  (Though I guess that if you work for the IRS you probably already figured out not to use TT...)

laurawigginton
Returning Member

When I use the WMR app it says that my info is incorrect.  I created an account on the IRS website and it says that my 2020 taxes are not processed. I can't get a hold of any live person.  Just wondering if I have to sit and wait or if there is somewhere to talk to someone.

Ugh, I am sorry.  I do not know what to advise you there.  I'd try calling tax advocate, they can prob give you advice.  [phone number removed].

Also I had major problems with the WMR/IRS2Go app - I use the website and that gives me info.  Well, info that says I need to keep waiting, but it's still info.

and apparently i can't post the toll free number for the tax advocate here.  but if you look it up on line you will find it.  they are open 7A-7P

Line 30 glitch will cost turbo tax there business 

Line 30 glitch will cost turbo tax there business next year 

lack of communicating honestly with customers is even worse than the mistake itself.

I've used TT for years and the thought of changing tax prep providers is a bit daunting, but this is a friggin' nightmare honestly.  I'm furious.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies