turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am filling taxes for 2013 and it says 2019 on my file and I’m trying to change the year, how can I change it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am filling taxes for 2013 and it says 2019 on my file and I’m trying to change the year, how can I change it?

STOP!   You cannot use the online software for any tax year except 2019.  You cannot change it to file for 2013.  In fact, software is no longer even available for a 2013 tax return and you are way too late to get a refund for a 2013 return.   If you owe tax due for 2013 the IRS still wants to be paid though--with interest and penalties.

If you want to file a 2013 return, get the forms from the IRS and prepare them on paper by hand.

@VolvoGirl   Do you still have 2013 forms?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies