How to save unfinished return

How to save unfinished return

Just go to My Account >Scroll down to Save & Sign Out. That will save your return and allow to come back later to finish the return.

How to save unfinished return

How to save unfinished return

I do not have a "my account" option at the top of my screen. I only have a "sign out" button on the bottom left...

How to save unfinished return

I do not have a "my account" option at the top of or anywhere on my screen. nor do I have have a "sign out" button.

How to save unfinished return

I also do not have "my account" I am NOT using the online version. I am using the CD.

How to save unfinished return

what was the answer to this?

How to save unfinished return

@ jkaruna 

This is an old thread from possibly 2 or 3 years ago that transferred into this new forum.  Unfortunately, all those old threads were given a June 2019 date, which is confusing to users.

There is no longer a "My Account" menu.  The website was redesigned a couple years ago.

You didn't say anything about "your" situation.    If you are using Online TurboTax, Online TurboTax saves your work after every screen.   If you want to know how to sign out of that session, go to the left menu column, and scroll way down to the bottom of that column where it says "Sign Out."    Your work will be saved.

If you're using desktop software (CD/download), you need to say whether you are using the PC version or the Mac version.

How to save unfinished return

@ jkaruna 

I see you also posted in another thread at this link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/re-go-up-to-my-account-then-save-sign-ou...

See the info there and please continue in that thread with the additional info requested there.

How to save unfinished return

where is My Account?

How to save unfinished return

I do not have "My Account"

How to save unfinished return

@bassfrog0222 wrote:

I do not have "My Account"

No one does.   As explained higher up in this thread,  this is an old thread from 2 or 3 years ago that transferred into this new forum.   Unfortunately, all those old threads were given an early June 2019 date, which is confusing to users.

There is no longer a "My Account" menu. The website was redesigned 2-3 years ago.

You didn't say anything about "your" situation--i.e., whether you are using Online TurboTax or desktop software.

If you are using Online TurboTax, it saves your work after every screen, so you will have a saved online return even if you accidentally close the browser or get disconnected.   If you want to know how to properly sign out of your online session, go to the left menu column, and scroll way down to the bottom of that column where it says "Sign Out."  Your online work will be saved.

The desktop software is a different story.   If you're using desktop software (CD/download), you need to say whether you are using the PC version or the Mac version, and we can tell you how to properly save the file and exit.