Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

krisholl1

How long once you E file till the irs accepts your return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Except for a few returns pulled early for testing, the IRS officially opens for return processing on Monday, January 27.   So you may hear something 24-48 hours after that, but there could be some delay due to backlog this time of year when they first open.

You should get an email when it's accepted.  Or you can also check occasionally by logging back into your online account and checking the status at the Tax Home page.

KristyWyatt 1972
Returning Member

I filed my taxes Jan 18,2020 and it still hasnt been accepted by the IRS how do I kno if I did them right

@KristyWyatt 1972 wrote:

I filed my taxes Jan 18, 2020 and it still hasn't been accepted by the IRS how do I know if I did them right

That's normal.   Even though it's possible to efile now, the IRS hasn't opened up return processing yet this year, so the 24-48 hour clock hasn't started yet . The IRS opens up to start processing returns on Monday, January 27. If you efiled before then, your return will just sit on TurboTax servers until the IRS retrieves it on January 27 (except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing purposes.)  So, unless it's pulled early, you'll need to wait until January 27 (or likely a day or two after) to know if your return was accepted/rejected.  The IRS can be backlogged when it first opens up each year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies