turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Well good for you. Goodbye

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Elimit21  Nope... just trying to inject a little humor into an otherwise stressful time for a lot of people.... and yes it is one of my favorite movies because it's funny.... now "I SAID DON'T DISTURB ME WHILE I'M CLEANING MY ROOM!"

Stressing makes the situation worse. Being impatient makes the situation worse. Its gonna come. 

@cclemons1998 right though,were all stressed but then this guy comes in and exposes himself to something that "annoys" him then calls names and gets mad when people turn it into a joke to cut the tension.bravo buddy nicely done

@Elimit21Now that's a better, more rational response... having a negative tone in your original post and telling everyone that the money will be there THIS WEEK was a little irresponsible!

giphy.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cclemons1998 lmfaooooooooooooo funny af

Screenshot_2020-04-12-18-56-02.png

@Logiebyyoga I found the site you got that from, and I generally agree. However, that does NOT answer the questions from those who had fees or advances deducted by SBTPG.

One minor technicality about Direct Express cards: Comerica Bank, which issues those cards under contract with the U.S. Treasury, does NOT release routing or account numbers for those cards as ordinarily ONLY Federal benefit payments such as Social Security, railroad retirement, SSI & VA are eligible to go on the card. However, the law DOES authorize the IRS to send stimulus money there; the most likely folks to get it there are those who didn't file for either 2018 or 2019, but receive SS or RRB on the Direct Express card. Since those cards are issued on Treasury's behalf, Treasury knows how to send it to them.

I have already filed my 2019 return through Turbo tax but I selected "pay by mail". I would like to change that to Direct Deposit now. How can I do that?

The Stimulus package has been approved so how can change my filing status from pay by mail to direct deposit?

If they have no direct deposit info for you from your 2019 tax but you filed you can use the portal that they will release this Friday on the 17th. If you haven't filed at all you can use the portal that's up now.  If they have DD info for you from this year but it's wrong, I've heard that you will be able to update it at a later date,  but am not 100% as I've heard conflicting info that if they've already attempted a deposit and it was rejected you'll automatically have a check generated to be mailed

@Nkyezlewis If they send it to a closed account and it's returned you probably will be put in the paper check line, but you should still be able to submit corrected direct deposit info via the second IRS portal -- if not immediately on the 17th, then as soon as it's returned to the IRS. The whole reason they need direct deposit info is it will take FAR longer for the Treasury to print paper checks than issue direct deposits; that was true in 2008 and it's even more true today.

DianaHe

If you all are wondering about if you had a RAL or paid your fees with your refund. Ok so just to say. As of 11:40PM EST. I went through TurboTax and I DID have my fees taken from my return as I did NOT have the money at that time so SBTPG intercepted my refund. I just got in my account my stimulus money. I am with netspend. No it was not a message that I will get it on the 15th but it was deposited in my account. So if SBTPG was involved with your return YES you WILL get your Stimulus in the account you had for your return!!! I also worked for TurboTax as a CSR!

Yes that's how it works. If you had fees taken out you're getting a check if you didn't have fees taken out you're getting direct deposit to your turbo card

No if you used your bank account you will get the direct deposit by the 15th

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies