Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I know how much my stimulus check is and of it'll go on my TurboTax card

It 90C311A4-11FA-4FC9-BC0B-46912033B435.jpeg

came in this envelope 

Great! Sorry guys - everything I read said they were STARTING this week - which started yesterday - apologies for being skeptical

glad you guys got yours. We got nothing so far 🤷🏼‍♀️

@Katkassel - to put your mind at ease, it probably wasn't a glitch, but rather even though the website was collecting direct deposit information, the IRS needed to establish a "cutoff" so that it wouldn't both send out paper checks and direct deposit the money. 

I suspect they created that cutoff and didn't "lock" the website from accepting updates. 

So you were able to update your banking info and unbeknowst to you the IRS was already creating the paper check .

good news is you have your money! 

@Rxlama001 I’ve seen a few ppl post they got theirs yesterday and today. Also they seem to be doing things a little early. Like at first dd were suppose to go

out the week of the 14th but a relative of mines who has a chime acct got hers that Friday before.  

@NCperson thank you still no updates on IRS today make a week I put my son's bank information last week after I did mine in he had a check in the mailbox today 

@Attention316 thanks for sharing mine has that same message since 4.15.20 I updated same day after mine on IRS for my son he got a check in the mail today his IRS status was also updated 24hrs after entering as well 

@diamondmoore after you updated your bank information did you ever get the notice stated it was going to your bank acct asking because I'm waiting on mine thank you 

@Rxlama001 my son received his check today in the mail the IRS website stated 4.24.2020

@Callie2019 - what you describe is possible,

what the IRS said was that updates to your direct deposit by a Thursday would be direfct deposited by the end of the following week

but at the same time they are also sending out checks! So at some point they have to establish a cutoff so they are not sending out checks and doing a direct deposit.  Appears that once they establish the cutoff, they are not locking people out from updating the direct deposit,.

the checks have begun going out in "income order", so those with incomes under $10k are supposed to get their paper checks this week.

It's only Wednesday, let's see if your direct deposit occurs in the next few days. (my son is in the same boat - updated his direct deposit last Wednesday and has not received anything yet this week),.

My current situation with no further updates. It’s so frustrating that turbo tax and the IRS got this wrong for so many people. 

@NCperson  thank you 

Does anyone have a number i can contact the IRS this is ridiculous 

@FactCHECK -  all the IRS call centers are closed due to the pandemic/

however, the wall street journal just posted this story. please read closely. does any of it resonate with yout? 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frustrations-build-for-those-still-awaiting-irs-stimulus-checks-1158766...

Mine says you are eligible and we don’t have a date yet and now i am really starting to struggle 50 days into this. 

there’s no resolution 

@FactCHECK  - when did you update your banking information specifically? 

if by April 16, they are supposed to direct deposit by tomorrow (I am in this batch), but I have no intel that ways it will actually occur

if by April 23, then direct deposit by May 1

etc 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies