Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vicr2000

How do I generate 1099-NEC using Turbotax? Can someone post exact online link? Once logged into Turbotax, I don't see a way to generate 1099

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

How do I generate 1099-NEC using Turbotax? Can someone post exact online link? Once logged into Turbotax, I don't see a way to generate 1099

You can use TurboTax Quick Employer Forms to create 1099-NECs. Sign in with your TurboTax user name and password.

This feature is available if you are using TurboTax Business or Home and Business for your Desktop Computer, or TurboTax Online Self Employed or TurboTax Live for the current tax year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

For Online Self Employed version,

Scroll down to Your Account and click on Show

Click on Create W-2s and 1099s

QEF online.jpg

vicr2000

Thank you for the prompt response. I tried to login as Turbotax Self employment but it takes me my regular personal taxes.  I was able to add Turbotax Business but it  does not give me option to generate 1099- NEC. All I need is to generate 5 1099-NEC form and nothing else for now.

Last year I was able to generate 1099-NEC and only paid for them. Now, I cannot find it

Exactly which program are you using ?     

Online or Downloaded ?  

TT Business is for corporations or partnerships ... are you filing an 1120, 1120S or 1065?

vicr2000

I am using online Turbotax and all I need is to generate 5 1099-NEC, nothing else i.e. no other business taxes. Last year, I paid a fixed fees ~$5/1099-NEC without any other subscription.  Isn't generating only 1099-NEC not allowed now?

Ok ... if you are using the ONLINE program upgrade to the SELF EMPLOYED version if you have not yet done so and then follow the intructions I already gave for the online system.  Click on the TAX HOME tab then scroll down. 

QEF online.jpg

vicr2000

Thank u for prompt responses.

1) Are we able to ONLY generate 1099-NEC without any other subscription fees and pay per 1099-NEC using Turbotax online? I am only going to use to generate 1099-NEC and don't need any other Business tax services.

2) How do I add Self Employment to my existing a/c? I don't see Create 1099-NEC as you show in your screen shot?

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

If you're a business owner, you may need to create W-2 and 1099 forms (including 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC) for your employees or contractors.

You'll need to use TurboTax Self-Employed, TurboTax Self-Employed Live, TurboTax Home & Business for Windows, or TurboTax Business.

Select your product below and follow the instructions.

TurboTax Self-Employed and TurboTax Self-Employed Live

TurboTax Home & Business CD/Download

TurboTax Business

Click the links below for more information regarding this:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-forms/what-is-form-1099-nec

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/self-employment-taxes

No one said you had to PAY for the TT program but to access the QEF tool you must link in thru one of the eligible TT programs.  UPGRADE to SE. 

1a.jpg

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

You can connect to Quick Employer Forms to prepare and submit those documents. This can be accessed through TurboTax Online Self Employed, TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Business without any additional fee.

• What is Quick Employer Forms? 
    • For TurboTax Online Self Employed 
      1. Search (upper right) > Type schedule c > Use the Jump to.... link > Edit beside your business
      2. Edit beside General Info > Scroll to Payments and Identification > Edit under Required to send 1099
      3. Continue to click the link 'Help me prepare and file W-2s and 1099s' (see the images below)

@vicr2000

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies