Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i add my bank information to get my stimulus check to my direct deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you have not filed a 2019 return, or do not need to file a return, the TurboTax link below, is for anyone who has not filed a 2019 return or if you are not required to file a return,  if you want to qualify for the stimulus money TurboTax just recently setup where you can file a simple return for the stimulus money. See the following, scroll down to  What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment?, then  If you don’t need to file your taxes this year

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

----------------------------

If you already filed a tax return:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

----------------------------------

If you receive Social Security benefits for disability, retirement or Supplemental Security Income, you are eligible to receive a stimulus payment. You do not have to do anything to get the stimulus money, it will be direct deposited into your bank account where your SS benefits are deposit. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

If you have not filed a 2019 return, or do not need to file a return, the TurboTax link below, is for anyone who has not filed a 2019 return or if you are not required to file a return,  if you want to qualify for the stimulus money TurboTax just recently setup where you can file a simple return for the stimulus money. See the following, scroll down to  What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment?, then  If you don’t need to file your taxes this year

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

----------------------------

If you already filed a tax return:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

----------------------------------

If you receive Social Security benefits for disability, retirement or Supplemental Security Income, you are eligible to receive a stimulus payment. You do not have to do anything to get the stimulus money, it will be direct deposited into your bank account where your SS benefits are deposit. 

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Are you filing a return? If you get a refund, you can just enter the information on the return. If not, the IRS has not set up the portal yet. Please see this link to stay up to date.

Stimulus

Stimulus 2

@Jerryhyden1962

trahurst
Returning Member

I already filed and received my refund via Turbotax but paid all the service fees from the refund. Will I still receive my stimulus check via direct deposit? I'm assuming the IRS will have my direct deposit information?

I already filed my taxes but received a paper check.I would like to receive my stimulas direct deposit so I need to give my banking information. 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Per IRS

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail. For information check  IRS website 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
morimando

I get Social Security filed my taxes but forgot to enter my banking info because I chose to carry the balance over to next year, I have not received a stimulus check yet?? Can I change my return to take a refund and add banking info?

Cali424

acct# [phone number removed]

Smoore2

My stimulus check got send to the wrong bank information what do i do???

i haver a account with chase bank can you find it..

i have a chase bank account can you check and send it there...

im think my wife has a trick up her sleeve..? can you send it rto me at my home address please

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies