turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS says Direct Deposit refund was sent 6 days ago. Both my bank and Turbotax show nothing. Double checked all the information Everything's correct.

What number is available to sort this out?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

IRS says Direct Deposit refund was sent 6 days ago. Both my bank and Turbotax show nothing. Double checked all the information Everything's correct.

Here's how to speak to a live person at the IRS so they can confirm if the funds were sent and where they sent them.

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, the intermediary company SBTPG uses one of 2 banks--either Civista Bank or Green Dot Bank.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company.

You are correct, and this is how I filed, with fees being deducted.

On checking with the intermediate, the site is showing nothing received.

Looking at previous posts, it's suggested to wait 3 - 5 days,  which passed yesterday.  But still nothing.   Thanks for the help, getting a tiny bit worried.

So you logged into your temporary account at SBTPG's website?  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.sbtpg.com/">https://www.sbtpg.com/</a>
Have you spoken to the IRS?

Yes on the intermediate:

"TPG has not received your federal tax refund"

"Where's My Refund" from the IRS is reporting it sent 1 Mar.

Have not spoken to a person yet, other than to verify that my bank did not have any lending deposits (it doesn't, but was just checking)

I'll tell you below how you can speak to the IRS.  They can confirm if it was sent and where.

*pending deposits

Here's how to speak to a live person at the IRS so they can confirm if the funds were sent and where they sent them.

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, the intermediary company SBTPG uses one of 2 banks--either Civista Bank or Green Dot Bank.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

Did you have any resolution to this i am in the sane boat

Subarudude816:

You've added on to an old cluttered thread that transferred in from the old forum.   Please start your own new thread at the link below, where you can be questioned and assisted.

Find the blue "Ask a question" button at:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/02/203

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies