Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Help

I did my refund and sent it away via efile. Got it back only to realize it got rejected due to my agi being wrong. I thought maybe I put in a wrong number but it was right. I called turbotax and they suggested putting a 0. So I sent it again and it got rejected. I know I should call the irs but u think I should just do a paper filing instead...it doesn't need my agi that way. Irs will take forever to answer. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Help

I think I may be able to help.  See the TurboTax FAQ I'm linking below.  There are several possibilities as to why your return may be rejected, and several ways to find your correct AGI.

What if I entered the correct AGI and I'm still getting an e-file rejection? 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Help

Thank you for replying Kat. 

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Help

@kelly2533 My pleasure!

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Help

The main possibility is that TurboTax has a bug.

It has been shown that rejected AGI numbers are accepted with other vendors.

Help

Wow, I didn't think something like that could happen. I think I will go through someone else to see if it works. Thanks for replying. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies