turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

so I found out from a friend working at H&R block that they are completely closed for any contact to us or a tax professional till this Friday the 17th. Luckily she's going to contact them from her end then so hopefully ill get some real answers and resolution since its a tax professional calling and in the past when I called myself before this closure started they weren't very helpful. I also contacted the California TAS office and am waiting on a call back since they only has an answering service on which to leave a message. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that on Friday I can get them to issue my refund, since there absolutely no reason for them not to, I got my state with out issue so it just makes me so angry. thanks for the responses I'm just glad to know its not only me, which makes me think its something they'll easily fix.

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

Same over here , still haven't got anytime !!!! My 60 days is over on May 7th. This is really frustrated. The IRS works really fast when taking money away from ppl but not fast enough to deposit it to our account . But please lmk if any of yall receive yall refund PLEASE let us know. We all in here together !!!!!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Per the IRS information below:

"You don't need to take any action. Please do not call us until 60 days after the letter date and only if you haven't received your refund or heard from us by then."

Unfortunately, you will need to speak with the IRS once they reopen the phone lines.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also have this same issue. The date on my letter is dated February 13th 2020 and states nothing is to be done and it could take up to 60 days. Its 4 days over the 60 day mark. I have tried numerous times to contact the IRS and they just arent taking calls. My Stimulus Check is also being held up because of this. They have my tax money and i cant get my stimulus check. Stim status says tax info doesnt match their records. Im at my whits end. I dont know what to do. Ive been furloughed and i have thousands of dollars that is MINE that the IRS is withholding.  Has anyone had any luck in the matter?

We both going thru the same thing man. Im freaking frustrated already. I need my money asap fr. Like i said the IRS is so fast to take ppls money but not fast enough to return ppls refund back. I haven't even got stimulus check either. But if anything , if you receive one of them let us know ok.

Have you or your friend at H&R been able to contact someone at the IRS? Ive been calling multiple numbers since 7AM and even the local offices. All have the same automated message that they arent offering live assistance and the phone auto hangs up. 

Please please tell me how ypu got a hold of them my 60 days was up yesterday 4/19 and i cant reach anyone every number i call says live help is not available because of the stupid quarantine if you have a way to contact the irs please share would be a huge help and i might be able to get us both answers since im past the 60 day mark 

crazyfootballmom
Returning Member

Uggh, since your past the 60 days....has your refund hit your account since you posted?

So my 60 days was up yesterday and it still says processing. This is just so awful. I know someone who received another letter a week after the 60 days were up that they needed another 60 days. If they are not taking calls, why are they not processing all of these refunds?! Ugh and don't even try to get in touch with a TA. I have called every day and left a message for the last week and no response.

From what I understand on Apple news and I believe on the irs website they said they stopped processing paper refunds if anyone has that and because of this stimulus stuff they’re more focused on that and we won’t be able to get in touch with anybody until businesses open back up. It definitely sucks seeing as how a lot of people (myself included) haven’t received fed or state refund or the stimulus payment ... no money at all but hopefully we hear something soon 

**********************************************************************************************
**NOTE*** Due to the Corona virus the IRS is operating short staffed. All field offices are closed and some processing centers are all but closed. Any tax return that requires hand processing will probably have long delays. Mailed returns are not being processed at all at this time. Most phone service has been curtailed.
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue
**********************************************************************************************

TurboTax only gives the general IRS (most returns are processed within 21 days) date. The actual date is known only by the IRS. TurboTax also does not adjust the general date for anything on the tax return. TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after filing.

The IRS says most refunds will be issued within 21 days - some faster, some longer.

Each tax return is evaluated on it's own merits. There is no first-in-first-out. Two similar tax return submitted at the same time can have totally different processing times based on IRS criteria for examining tax returns that the IRS does not divulge.

Some returns will be held for ID verification or other verification. The IRS will send a letter if they require more information to process your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Check your refund stratus here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I’ve been waiting for a long Time to receive my tax return as well as a stimulus check with no response from the IRS

VZ13
Level 5

@chayes1217 

60 days fro 1.27.20 is 3.27.2020 (4+29+27) or from 2.13.2020 is 4.13.2020 (16+31+13). Have you heard anything?

Hey still nothing 

Wow same here almost ten days after 60 days  and no stimulus payment either SMDH!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies