turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

advirk

Hello all Is anyone getting their missed stimulus money after filing the 2020 tax return? I mention it on my return but IRS sent me owed amount minus stimulus payment.

I received subsequent stimulus checks and only missed first one by IRS. I am eligible for it. I files using turbo tax and IRS owed me 1210$. They changed the return only sent 10$, remove 1200$ rebate amount and when I call support they have no answers. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Hello all Is anyone getting their missed stimulus money after filing the 2020 tax return? I mention it on my return but IRS sent me owed amount minus stimulus payment.

If you got in the mail IRS Notice 1444 showing the EIP1 of $1,200, that is why the IRS took that off your refund.

You can't collect it twice.

If you indicated on the 2020 tax return that you did not receive the first stimulus payment of $1,200 it was  included in the 2020 federal tax refund.

If the IRS has records indicating they sent you the first  stimulus payments this is why you are now seeing  $10 for your tax refund.  The IRS would be sending a notice in the mail explaining why the refund has changed.

After receiving the IRS notice and it is because of the Recovery Rebate Credit being removed you can request a trace of the payments if they were never received.

Go to this IRS website for how submit a payment trace - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/second-eip-faqs#paymentlost

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies