Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Pattyj53

Haven't received my tax refund has been 4 months now

What phone number did you call to get that woman to look into your delay? It would be nice to know someone can help! We filed in Late Feb.

To reach a live IRS agent use the phone number and detailed steps to navigate the IRS phone tree that DoninGA provided above.   If you don't get good info or results from the IRS, I left info above on how to contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

meow11965

Ok...this really does work....follow the directions for calling the 1-800 number.  I spoke with a live person who informed me that my refund is currently in "review"  ( even though it's a one page simple return, but I did have to fill out additional questions online to "verify" my identity)   I was then informed that as of July 12, 2019, it's going to be ANOTHER 60 days before I receive my refund!  Good grief! So I guess I'm now looking at the middle of September or the first of October before I will receive my refund check.  Wow...this is Ridiculous.  If you are still waiting, I highly suggest you call and speak with someone.  Good luck....

Why is it taking so long to receive my tax check? I filed back in February it’s been five months.

Would anyone know how to contact the IRS to speak with an agent?  I filed in March and have yet to receive my refund. 

@semason990  Use the information provided in this post to contact the IRS.  Scroll to the top of the page.

@Littlebiggreentree Contact the IRS using the information provided in this post.  Scroll to the top of the page.

I spoke with someone and she said that what I reported for my income does not match what they have, to wait about a month or two and I will receive a letter to show proof of my income. So I wont be getting my tax return until Christmas. 

(I sued my old employer for unpaid wages and won the case in 2018, upon them having to pay me for the wages owed they took out a lot more in taxes than I have ever had taken from any single job. In the lawyer paper work they were to provide me a W-2 and never did, we were unsuccessful in contacting them for one after that as well so the tax place used the previous years tax information for the company to proceed. So **bleep** right I reported that amount, have the proof and check stub and I want it to count)

So I'll be getting money back just in time to pay taxes next year.

Who did you call

@Benjimon07 

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

SydnieC08

Omg, I am going through the same issue! Here it is August and still no tax return. Did you receive your yet?
meow11965

No, I still haven't received mine yet, have you called them?  Use the 1-800 number that I referred to in an earlier message...when I called and spoke with someone on July 12 he said it would be AT LEAST 60 to 90 more days...a bunch of people in my town who also received the letter stating we had to "verify our identity" online and fill out a bunch of questions on the survey, we ALL have been waiting, and waiting...I personally think that anyone who had to verify their identity online is in this huge "still waiting" group, and all of us are receiving a significant refund.  I suggest calling them, I was told my return in "under review"...and I didn't even earn 15 grand last year....Good Luck and I will keep you posted!

demej00
Returning Member

Just wanted to add my name to the list - filed on March 12, 2019 and still no word. Wheres My Refund says still processing. Think I will just wait to see if it the IRS ever resolves it.

@demej00 

Adding your name to this forum is not going to help you receive your tax refund.  After you file your tax return, TurboTax is finished.  TT does not receive any further information from the IRS, nor does TurboTax intervene with the IRS for you.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It now has been over 6 months since I filed my taxes with no refund. I recieved three letters stating that the IRS will need 30 days to give me an answer as to what is going on. After I received the third notice I called to get some answers. They could not tell me why my refund was delayed and told me they would call me back in 60 days with a response. This is just crazy! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies