Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone with a TurboTax Visa Debit Card get their April 15th Stimulus check yet?

I really don't know what to think or expect with this whole thing. I got my federal refund depositor to the TurboTax card on April 1st (exact date they said it would be) so my card is active with $3 on it (lmao) and it's a card a IRS direct deposit was sent to before. I've never gotten a notification/email about my tax refund being sent to my card or about the process of my refund and I've heard people got notifications about the $1,200 stimulus amount pending in their account but I've never gotten that either (yes my notifications for both are on) but again I do have an Android and heard only iPhone users got that notification so I don't know if that means anything. I used the Free Edition of TurboTax so I didn't have any fees taken out or any redirects to SBTPG at all, it was just directly to my TurboTax card. And since it's a bank (Green Dot) that isn't in my state, I don't know or don't think any direct deposit times would correlate with my time zone. I'm in Minnesota on Central Timezone so it's currently 1:47 AM and I don't see anything pending or any change in money on my Turbo Card app. I've heard of people getting their money sent and received already with other cards/banks but haven't really heard of anyone getting it yet on a Turbo Card with no SBTPG redirects. Just wondering if anyone has received their money yet with the same or similar circumstances? I hope we all get it today 💯 we all need it. Stay safe and healthy people and post your experiences and I'll try to respond back to everyone. We're all in this together everyone 💯

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

Has anyone with a TurboTax Visa Debit Card get their April 15th Stimulus check yet?

No. They are NOT direct depositing to TurboTax Debit cards. 

Thanks Turbo tax you've really let me down, and the kick in the ass is I paid for your services the last 6 years... Good job 👍 I definitely won't **bleep**en see you next year🤬🤬🤬

Where did you get that information from? 

They said they weren't sure yet what they were going to do. Which basically says they're not going to. I dare you to find one person who has received their stimulus money on they're TurboTax debit card. You want because they're not depositing to them

Because today is the 15 no deposit 🙄

There's people in other forum posts that have gotten them on the card, also people are saying on TurboTax Facebook page people are posting about getting it n they have cards too. It do seem to be something going on with people that got an advance or fees taken out but people that used the free edition, no fees or advance or didn't have the fees taken out of their federal tax return are saying they got it. Some people have already and some haven't but it's also still early in the morning and they are putting out 10s of millions of direct deposits out today so it could take a minute, idk if they doing it with a plan like time zones, areas or if they are just sending them out idk I didn't get mine yet but I'm hoping I do n I hope we all do 

louisekts

I used the TurboTax Card to receive my refund this year by direct deposit.

When I checked the IRS tool to track stimulus payments it said that I was qualified for the payment but that they didn't have a bank on file for me.

It let me input my checking account and when I check again it says this:

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: (my wells fargo checking account that I just submitted). 

So, to answer... No, I will not be getting my refund on the TT Card. The best way is to make use of the Get My Payment tool on IRS to find out. 

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/status

Wow thank you for that link. I didn't know that it was active yet. Here's what it told me:

"Payment Status

We scheduled your payment to be deposited on April 15, 2020 to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: (my TurboTax Cards bank number)

If you don't see your payment credited to your account, check with your bank to verify they received it. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page."

@louisekts omg your a blessing thank you for that link I was able to put my bank info in because they said they didn't have my bank on file but I also go my refund direct deposit on my turbo card Smmfh they didn't have it!! Thank you! That's all these **bleep**en so called support mfrs on turbo tax had to say!!! Thank you again stay safe n God bless💕💕💕 TurboTax never a **bleep** again! 

And for your incompetence at turbo tax the people that actually paid you you actually screwed us over the people that filed free get there money on the card today.. smmh I got to wait probably till next week! Thanks alot🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 unbelievable

You have no idea how anything works.

@Luvmibratt1 

Are you saying that the tool showed no bank but you still got it on the Turbotax card today anyhow? 

If so, is your card the Green Dot one? 

Hetz
Level 2

Anyone that used the Turbo Card will NOT have the correct information on their “get my payment” tool on the IRS website. It’s due to the stupid system that Turbo Tax uses by giving a temporary account number to deposit the money in to take fees out from. I didn’t have fees taken out or a refund advance, yet it has some random number there with the last 4 digits of my SS # on the IRS site as to where my stimulus money is going to go today, NOT the number that is on my 1040. That is the temp SBTG account info that Turbo Tax uses to take fees out of.

Im pretty upset right now!

@bizkid23  No I'm saying I didn't receive anything from greendot on my turbo card Even though that's where I got my refund from but I had fees taken out. So the link I went on the other gentleman gave the IRS said I'm eligable with no bank account on file! So I had to put my own bank account in and I don't know when il get paid. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies