turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

When I called they said due to Covid they had no one working the phone lines at this time until the foreseen future

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

April 14th. When I called March 13th the agent told me I’d have to wait until 60 days of the dated letter they were sending that they wrote on February 14th apparently. I asked her how come I was yet to get it a month later and she said just because it was dated feb. 13th in their system didn’t mean it was mailed then and I’d have to wait until April 14th to either get the letter or the money. I haven’t received either...

I wish I’d get the initial letter! Then I could fax or send whatever additional information they need but now I have no letter, no money, and no way to speak to an actual person because of Covid...and I filled way early online to avoid all this...

I an in the same situation I filed 2/5 it was accepted same day and I faxed the marketplace insurance forms on 3/12 and I'm still processing.  I have a Caseworker from my Congressman's office and a TA supervisor working on this smh.

Ridiculous I still only got my state(1or 2  weeks after filing end of January).

I get that c-19 is going on.  But when I called 60+ days ago they said I had no issues everything was fine, and id get within 30 days... still nothing.  The worst part is not has any answers... 

no1***

This is just total BS! I e-filed 1/30 accepted 1/31. Still no refund. On IRS2GO my status is still processing with tax topic 152 Refund timing. Like the IRS website says returns are still being processed, I am like by who? Why can't tIRS employees work from home and answer phone calls too??  I am just beyond frustrated. I don't need the money right now but, shoot its my money.  Still no projected date, been processing for like 90+ days! The IRS sure drags its behind when they owe you money! 

I e filed 1/31 accepted same day. Just received my California state refund on thursday last week. My federal return still says still processing 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

It sounds like your return was selected for a manual review, which happens to around 1/3 of returns with certain refundable credits on the return (this is required by law.)

Unfortunately, the IRS is not currently processing items that require manual review or processing.  It is not yet known when normal operations may resume. 

@Jessica16

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So everybody on here got a manual review? Because my state was accepted about 2 weeks after I file January 30th. I have never had an issue like this. I called in they did not tell me mine was under manual review they said I would have it within 30 days and I had no issues....that was 90 days ago. And I have the same thing going on as the poster above.. whats up with mine

At this point I think we should be getting interest

@Jessica16 

Just another "excuse" from the IRS / Feds. It's a shame I cant get the money we're ACTUALLY owed. I filed the same time you did. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but sucks that theres so many affected by whatever this "review" is....

They will find a way to wiggle out of paying us interest. They will give us some BS excuse that doesn't legally obligate them to pay us, the tax payers interest. 

Filed 3/20/20, accepted by IRS.  Status has been on “processing” since - still waiting also.   I did have an EV credit, not sure if that’s holding it up. No letter or anything yet

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

In addition to from any manual reviews, many taxpayers are experiencing delays in receiving their refunds due to COVID-19. Unfortunately, the IRS is extremely understaffed due to the pandemic. This has impacted the processing of e-filed returns. They are currently not processing paper returns, either. If you do not receive your refund by the time the IRS resumes normal operations, please reach out to them at 800 829 1040.

@dtk6802

@ShanE123

@Uproarbrian

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies