turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

I faxed my w2 and pay stubs early this morning at 5am to the ivo office the verification for my state. Just in case anyone wondering what the California fax number for taxes its

[phone number removed]. Save your fax printouts itll show the date and time you sent it just in case if you have a deadline to fax or mail. But anywho. I called back when I got out of work at 12pm and lady said it would take 2 weeks but maybe sooner since it's a simple w2 and I only had 4 pay stubs from that job. Also, Tonight (Wednesday 3am-6am) usually around that time the wheres my refund/check refund should update. Hope you guys get DDD. Itd be pretty cool if I got one tomorrow or saturday. I filed 1/31 with still processing ever since to today.

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

That number is

Area code 9 1 6

Lol hope the number isn't removed this time

I got the same email.  This year is crazy. I've never waited more than 3 weeks!

Gal1311
Returning Member

Anyone still waiting on theirs? 

@Gal1311 hello,  I'm still waiting as well for my Federal and State. My wmr still says still processing and state says to wait 3 months from date I filed. Hopefully my status changes. I'll be back kn here to update.

@Gal1311  yes I'm still waiting no update yet

Still waiting.  Been accepted since Jan 27th.

Waiting since Jan 25th

Still waiting, accepted 01/27, 60 day review 03/02

I was told when I called I needed to send in a 1095A and 8962. I was not asked for that info on Turbo tax like in years past when I filed with them. So frustrating! I just faxed my info in on Tuesday so hopefully I will know something soon.

I filled on the Jan 27th and still nothing yet!!😡

Just got off phone with IRS. Told me they had my refund on hold, I submitted 5 W2s. Reason being I had 2 jobs by the end of 2018, and 2 jobs with same company at different locations and 1 seasonal job in 2019. I claimed tax credits which turbotax and didn't really give me the option if opting out of I didnt see a a sidebar that asked if I wanted to check it said it was reviewing my taxes to see if it verified and automatically applied them, no way to remove them. So it can be anything she said but if I haven't gotten a letter or a letter stating not to do anything the. They're just going over it because the system flagged it as suspicious. And that they're really going over it.. so by April 20th to call if no update on site. And hopefully it gets reviewed and they're like oh lol almost had us, alright good to go. I hope this rain washes away this bus lmao. I need the Tax Gods to work their thang

Hey Jessica16 I pray that you come to know the one and only God thru His son Jesus Christ because God the real God gave me mine yesterday....i say that because hell is a real place and if you are hoping from the tax Gods your like those who in the Bible worship Baal....just saying you keep hoping from them tax Gods you won't get yours for a LONG LONG time!!! I prayed to my God and spent time with Him the ONE and ONLY God who created the universe and all inside of it and i got mine yesterday because God favors the humble! God Bless you young lady praying for your soul!!!

How were you able to reach anyone? Any time I call I just get automated, have to enter my info and am told “still processing”. Really need to speak with someone regarding the fact that the address I filed under (everywhere else) apparently registers as a business. I’m thinking this is why my is being held and need to rectify this...... Help!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Melissaoakes323 To contact the IRS, please see the instructions below:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Note: 

You will need to follow the prompts in order to speak to an IRS agent. There is a high call volume this time of year.

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.   

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.   

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3   

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent.  

Unfortunately, many people are experiencing this long delay for their tax returns. The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Please see the link below for more information:

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? - TurboTax Support Video

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies