turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mousemom

form 8962

I received a letter from the IRS requesting this form. When I filled out my taxes, I did not see any questions about the 1095A. Now I have to fill this form out and I am totally confused. Can turbo tax help me with this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

form 8962

It seems as though TurboTax has let a lot of people down this year!   In the past TurboTax will ask you about your health insurance or the prompt will say something like now let’s get to your health insurance. That didn’t happen this year and now I suspect thousands hundreds of thousands of people are going to be screwed having to no wait an additional two months for their income tax to come in.    I wonder how this is going to influence TurboTax to take away their tagline TurboTax insurance everything looks correct. Because for me now I have to wait an additional two months. You follow the prompts and you’re used to TurboTax like I am I was surprised that health insurance didn’t come up but when I looked into it a little bit there was something that said last year would be imported.   But now everyone Has to send in this 8962 form because TurboTax who normally does it for you seems to have a software glitch with their newest update.   Very disappointing unfortunately.   

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

form 8962

Just to clarify, did the IRS reject your return and stated that you need to add form 1095-A and then resubmit your return?

Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:

• Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  • In the upper right, search for 1095-A.
  • Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  • Answer Yes on the Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? screen and Continue.
  • Enter your 1095-A info on the next screen and select Continue. We don't need all the info from your 1095-A, so we'll only ask about the info that affects your return.

Please click Where do I enter my 1095-A? to learn more. 

If you have already e-filed or mailed the return, you will need to wait until the IRS has accepted the return. Once they accept it and you have received your refund, then you can amend it. If it gets rejected, you can just make the needed changes and file again. 

If you have not filed already, see steps here https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2594639 for how to enter the 1095-A

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

form 8962

Same thing happened to me. I was told to amend, but I did not. I waited to receive a letter from the irs asking for missing documents and mailed it back with the 8962 and 1095a forms. It was a lot less time to get my refund (website says 4 to 6 weeks) versus amending (8 to 12 weeks). Turbo tax is waiving my filing fees and someone helped me fill out the 8962 because it is impossible to understand. 

form 8962

Have you gotten your refund or an update from the IRS yet? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

form 8962

You can track your return by checking the Where's My Refund website located here

If you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund, the IRS will send your return to Santa Barbara Bank, where they will deduct the fees and then deposit any remaining refund into your account. 

You can track your refund at the Santa Barbara website by clicking here

form 8962

@Emaleeredden92 I had to fax the 8962 form and 1095-A forms to IRS also after receiving a letter from them. By chance have you received your refund yet or had any updates since sending in your forms? Just trying to see if it really is gonna take 6-8weeks

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

form 8962

I have seen some customers returns processed quicker than the timeframe given. Faxing does help also because they are receiving quicker than it traveling via regular mail. I would just continue to monitor your refund on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

If the delay is causing you a hardship then contact the Taxpayer Advocate Services for more help. Tax Payer Advocate Service

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies