Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed on May 10. IRS still does not show having received my return. What should I do now that it is August 11th?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Filed on May 10. IRS still does not show having received my return. What should I do now that it is August 11th?

Call the IRS and ask what you should do.  They are behind on millions of returns, so that may be the issue. 

@john_egan_2000 

Did you efile the return, or did you file by mail?    If you filed by printing and mailing, the IRS is way behind on processing any paper returns.   And way behind on any efiled returns that require any degree of manual processing.

If you efiled, make sure your efiled return was accepted.   If you are using Online TurboTax, you can log in and at the Tax Home make sure the efile status shows "accepted."

If you filed a paper return, then you have to print, sign, and mail it yourself. TurboTax does not mail it for you.

If your efiled return was accepted, or if you mailed a paper return, you can use the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool to monitor the status at:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

That tool has been "squirrelly" a lot this year, and it's not uncommon for it not to find information, but you have to also make sure you are using it correctly.  Here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool. 

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount to use, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

bil70
Returning Member

e filed mine on march 27. IRS just processed mine on 8/10, keep calling them to verify they received it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies