Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mbchase1

Federal return accepted on 3/1/2021 - filed early as unemployed and wanted to receive 3rd stimulus check, any idea when my return may be processed?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Federal return accepted on 3/1/2021 - filed early as unemployed and wanted to receive 3rd stimulus check, any idea when my return may be processed?

It depends.

Did you electronically file or mail your return in?  If you electronically filed, your refund will be processed faster than a return that is mailed in.

Please see the link below for more information.  It has been taking longer to process refunds this year.

IRS processing time and refund status

Why is my refund taking longer than 21 days

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mbchase1

Thanks - I did file electronically.  I tried to call IRS but could not get a live person and all where's my refund websites stated that it is in process.  Just looking for estimated date return would be processed so I can get my refund.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, they have been taking longer to update their website as well.  

At this point, as long as you have confirmation that your return was filed and accepted, you will just need to wait until the IRS processes your return.  

We can't give you a timeline as all of the normal timeframes haven't really applied this year due to the changes that occurred during the filing season.

You can also try logging in to view your account on the IRS website using the link below.  They may update that for you as well.  I'd recommend checking it periodically.

View your tax account with the IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies