turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal return accepted 1/28, nothing since...

I e-filed my federal return through TurboTax on 1/25. It was received by the IRS on 1/27 and updated to accepted by the IRS on 1/28. I filed my state return on 1/30, got the accepted notice on 1/31, and received that return via direct deposit today, 2/11. I've never gotten my state return before my federal, ever. When I check the Where's My Refund? tool on the IRS website it has only one bar signifying that it has been accepted and is being processed, and it hasn't updated since the 28th when it was initially accepted. It also gives me the Topic 152 notification, which just seems to be general info about how returns are processed. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't get the IRS on the phone to figure out what the holdup is.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

52 Replies

Same

Tyjairek, do you have the one bar on the IRS site, too?

Same here. Federal was accepted 1/27...no change since. 

State return was accepted 1/30...approved 1/31...recieved 2/5.

This basically sucks.

sierrapeaks, what is the Where's My Refund tool on the IRS.gov site showing you? Just received, right?

I filed and was accepted on 1/27 and still on first bar of WMR as well... 

Same we filled January 21 and we received an email approved the next day since from there still the same and we have house payment car payments coming next week smh 

Takes 17 through 21 days...

"sierrapeaks, what is the Where's My Refund tool on the IRS.gov site showing you? Just received, right?"

Yes. The IRS2GO and the IRS website always show the same information 

Mines doesn't even have a bar. Keeps saying I can't check my status

I have a same situation , I got my CA refund before federal ,it has never happened last 12 years .

Thanks

Same here I filed on the 1st. Accepted on the 1st. But nothing since not even 1bar on WMR . But I received my state dd yesterday.

Yes I am currently experiencing the same thing. It just gives me topic 152 and they will not address it until after 21 days . Don’t know what is problem if turbo tax check for mistakes 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Once the IRS accepts your federal return, all updates are taken over by them.  Therefore, we don't have information about the status of your refund.

The IRS generally issues refunds within 21 days.  If it's been less than 21 days, continue to check the IRS Where's My Refund? site for information about your refund status.  If more than 21 days, we suggest calling the IRS to inquire about your refund.  Go here for tips on reaching a live IRS agent when you call.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same! We filed mid January and were accepted by federal & state on 1/27. Received our state refund this past Friday 1/7 (Ohio), but still on 1 bar for federal. I don’t “need” the money, but it’s frustrating!! “Extra” money is always nice!! It has never taken this long for us to get an update/refund. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies