Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fed & State Returns Rejected (No errors found)

Hi,

I have tried to submit my taxes twice in the last 24 hours. I transmitted my returns Friday night and wasn't notified until Saturday afternoon that they were rejected. I went back to the turbo tax app to check for errors and none were found. I transmitted again only to have them rejected within the hour. The email sent from turbo tax nor the software is telling me what the error is. On the contrary, it is telling me that there are no errors found. Additionally, I doubled checked my W-2 and 1099-NEC entry. 

The only thing I can think of is that I entered my 1099-NEC income under my business income (educational consulting) but on the personal income the 1099-NEC income shows $0 even though the 1099-NEC does show up when I click to update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Is there no rejection code?   Delete the $0 form - -that may be causing the issue.    The 1099-NEC for your educational consulting should be in the business section, so that is not a problem.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No rejection code at all. Reading the some folks are having an issue with Form 7206 but I have no rejection code at all.

Just noticed this post.  I've also been rejected for no reason.  I mean that literally.  It says the reject reason is the word "none".

I deleted the 1099-NEC from my personal income and it disappeared from business income and expenses section of the return as well. The 1099-NEC automatically ports to both when entered or deleted it seems.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Lately, there have been some rejections associated with claiming the Home Energy Credits on Form 5695.  If you included Form 5695 as part of your return, try these steps:

1. Log in to your TurboTax Online account or open your return on your CD/downloaded version of TurboTax 
  2. Go to Federal taxes 
  3. Go to Deductions and Credits > Your Home > Home Energy Credits
  4. Revisit the Home Energy Credits section and enter your information 
  5. Go back through the Final review and re-file your return

@arteagagd 

@terpsucka 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hey, thank you, great call.  The one change I made before resubmitting was deleting a blank 5695 that I found in my package.  I thought it was probably coincidence, but I guess not!

I removed that blank document and it allowed me to transmit them. I will wait a day to see if they are accepted.

That was it! Thank you! Federal Return accepted, state is still pending.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies