turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Feb. 16 I filed my federal return. It was accepted. TurboTax will not let me download my return. They have it, they filed it, but won't let me have it. What's up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Feb. 16 I filed my federal return. It was accepted. TurboTax will not let me download my return. They have it, they filed it, but won't let me have it. What's up?

What is happening when you attempt to download? Also, did you use Turbo Tax online or CD/Download purchase?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I used TurboTax online.  When I try to download my returns, I only get my 2019 state return.  Because my state requires physical copies of 1099Rs, I opted to download and print my state return, rather than file it electronically.  I know from experience that if I try to file electronically, my state will just send me a notice that they want the 1099Rs.  So now when I go to TurboTax, I only get my state return and there doesn't seem to be any trace of my federal return on TurboTax, except it says it was filed and received by the IRS.

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Download and/or  Print all of the currents years forms and worksheets:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account
  2. Click on Tax Home
  3. Scroll to bottom of page
  4. Click on Add a State (we're not really going to add anything)
  5. Click on Tax tools (left menu)
  6. Click on Print Center
  7. Click on Print, save or preview this year's return
  8. Put a check mark in the box for Federal Returns and State Returns (if you have one, or more).
  9. Click Include government and TurboTax worksheets
  10. Click View or print forms
  11. A new window will open that will give you the option to download and/or print.   This will include all forms and worksheets.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That worked.  Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies