turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

br76-tampabay-rr
Returning Member

Electronic amended return rejected

I amended my 2019 tax return with turbotax. I got a notice it was rejected and to fix errors. I went back through and there were no errors and Turbotax does not show any errors so I am very confused.  Is there a way to talk to somebody to look this over for me or what is the best course of action?

Thank you for any help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

my hunch is That TT is not yet finished setting up e-filing for amended returns.   it would help if you posted the entire rejection message.

br76-tampabay-rr
Returning Member

Sorry I should have included that in the original question. I posted below the message I received. I checked all these fields initially and then I went back and checked them again and they are all correct. Also Turbotax software did not find these errors either so I am not sure why I am getting this coming back rejected??

IRS-IIT-AMENDED

TurboTax Electronic Postmark: August 28, 2020 07:26 PM PDT

Rejected On:
August 29, 2020 12:01 AM PDT

What this means:
The state has found the following problems with your return:

• Form 1040-X, 'TaxableIncomeAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TaxableIncomeAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'OtherTaxesAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalOtherTaxesAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'TotalItemizedOrStandardDedAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalItemizedOrStandardDedAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'AdjustedGrossIncomeAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'AdjustedGrossIncomeAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'ChldWhoLivedWithYouCnt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'ChldWhoLivedWithYouCnt'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The IRS now allows e-filing of amended returns.  Does your state? My state doesn't. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I guess I could answer your question.  I had one of the same problems yesterday after I tried twice and got rejected twice. I reviewed the 1040-x form and found that somehow number of dependents changed and then I removed the incorrect number. That is it. Got accepted. Hope it can help.  

A umber of users have experienced problems with e-filing amended returns.  The IRS just began to accept e-filed 2019 returns and there have been some software glitches.  They are working on fixing the problem.  You might want to just wait a few days and try again when they fix it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies