turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Efile federal status

What was the final outcome here?    I have the same thing transmitted return have the 2 emails from turbotax 1 says it was submitted and a 2nd saying the IRS has accepted it but when I go into turbotax to check the status it is back at the transmit return.  I have even tried to submit the return again it says it has already been submitted and to contact customer service ---- which I can't wait hours on the phone 

Efile federal status

@Anonymous   Did you look here?   

For the Desktop program you have to check the filing status inside the program. Open your return and go up to menu item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Then save your return with the status. Go to File-Save.

Efile federal status

@kseller wrote:

What was the final outcome here?    I have the same thing transmitted return have the 2 emails from turbotax 1 says it was submitted and a 2nd saying the IRS has accepted it but when I go into turbotax to check the status it is back at the transmit return.  I have even tried to submit the return again it says it has already been submitted and to contact customer service ---- which I can't wait hours on the phone 

If you have the desktop software (CD/download), I'm curious what happens when you do this?  This is for the Windows version:

Launch TurboTax and open your return.

Then go to the top left corner and in the top menubar click on the FILE menu to see a dropdown menu.

Then in the submenu click on Electronic Filing.

Then in the next menu check these things:

• Check Electronic Filing Status
  • Check Electronic Filing History
  • Show Electronic Filing Customer Service Messages
Anonymous
Not applicable

Efile federal status

Yes, I did.

TT is just broken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Efile federal status

@kseller . For your curiosity:

•  
  • Check Electronic Filing Status - you haven't efile
  • Check Electronic Filing History -   there is no electronic history
  • Show Electronic Filing Customer Service Messages - there is No customer ..

Above is the status you wanted me to check. TT is broken. (TT was updated  today)

My outcome is not resolved. And as you know CUSTOMER service is not resolving it.

I am just waiting  IRS to process my return accepted March 12, hopefully  I will know by April 15th.

If it is NOT good, I will resubmit via  OLT if IRS does not process. Wish me luck

Efile federal status

I have the same problem. Federal and State filed. Have the emails and text messages saying that they were both transmitted and accepted. Turbo Tax desktop program still shows that I have not efiled. Turbo tax was extremely difficult to use this year. May have to search for a different tax program

Efile federal status

I have much of the same issue as have emails from TT that both Federal and State e-files have been accepted.  This was after Federal was 1st rejected, which also caused the State to be rejected.   The State was originally rejected based on  Federal being rejected, but once accepted via email, the State was accepted. The Desktop program now shows Federal rejected, but State is accepted.

I believe my filing was problematic as it must have fallen into the hole of millions of 2020 tax returns that had not been reviewed by the IRS.  The rejection was because the 2020 AGI was not on file, and therefore, could not be verified by e-File.  I read an article in the Washington Post that a work-around had been developed by entering $0 as the 2020 AGI.  After I made that change, I received the email from the IRS that 2021 submission was accepted.  I will wait and see if the TT software ever recognizes the acceptance because it still wants a real value in 2020 AGI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Efile federal status

Anyway, I decided to try 2022 TT again.  I was able to use the unefiled tax file 2021 to import to 2022, thanks to the dicussion board members help. I guess if this year I encounter this problem again, I should try another program. I am a glutton to punishment to try this year again with the foreign credit missing 1116 schedule and incorrect efile status. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies