Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

e-filing federal 2020 Amend TAX

I filed my 2020 Federal Ammended tax electronically, and it was accepted. I need to pay money to IRS, and I filled with taking money from my bank account on a specific date, 4/2/2021. For some reason, it did not take money from my bank. Do I need to wait, or do I need to send a check separately?. If I need to send the check separately, Turbotax did not print 1040-V. Please advise

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Please wait a few days to see if your balance due gets taken out of your account. The IRS might be still processing your amended return. Please be aware that you have until May 17th to pay any balance due.

You can view your balance and payment activity and make payments by visiting: IRS Paying Your Taxes 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi 

I looked in to IRS site for FAQ for amended 1040X.  They said direct deposits are not allowed.  Does this mean they don’t take money from my account which was provided through turbotax?  It is 10 days and they did not take money and at the site it says they received my amended return.  They are very prompt in taking money before. Can you please confirm I need to pay by check or through their website please. 
thanks

@lvrao1958 wrote:

Hi 

I looked in to IRS site for FAQ for amended 1040X.  They said direct deposits are not allowed.  Does this mean they don’t take money from my account which was provided through turbotax?  It is 10 days and they did not take money and at the site it says they received my amended return.  They are very prompt in taking money before. Can you please confirm I need to pay by check or through their website please. 
thanks

There is nowhere on the Form 1040-X to indicate a direct debit from a bank account for taxes owed.  You can use the IRS payment website for the taxes owed - https://www.irs.gov/payments

Thank you. In TurboTax there are no instructions on this.  It asked me to fill my bank information and other do that money will be taken from my account.  It did not print  the payment voucher also.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies