turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

E-filed on Feb 4, still pending

I e-filed Federal and State on Feb 4 and got the email.  Since then no progress, still shows pending.  I know that IRS started accepting on Feb 12 and there is some backlog to file, but when will my returns get filed?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I'm still waiting too.  I'm a bit worried as it has never taken this long before

I used premier TurboTax and it says they were e-filed both federal and state January 31st at 5:00 It is now February 17th, And it still says pending?? Everyone else I know that have used TurboTax in the last couple weeks already have their confirmation they've been accepted It has never taken this long before I am worried now too. 

It shouldn't take this long even backlogged - Is there something amiss on the Turbo Tax side for early filers???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried calling support but they just read the FAQ to me that it should take a few days and may take up to 21 days.  I agree that this is much longer than usual, and even for a backlog should be resolved.  Any ideas of how to get someone to help check actual returns and whether they lost them in the backlog?  Can't cancel a pending, can't re-file, not sure what to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A new search points me to another lengthy discussion on the topic -- many people are seeing the same thing.  Nothing we can do about it but wait.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/st[product key removed]ng/00/1917765

Mine were in the pending process for 18 days, couldn't do anything.. finally, got a note they were rejected... Was happy to at least see something!!  Was easy fix that the TurboTax took me thru and now all accepted and moving along.. never had rejected before and never had this long wait... Just glad resolved.. took patience for sure.

Follow up on this (i posted in my original thread) - I finally got a reject notice - it was caused by a software form not being correct - but corrected in a Turbo Tax update published after I filed.  I followed the directions and was able to refile - my  fed. return was accepted a couple hours after that followed by the state.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I finally got the reject notice after contacting the Office of the President at Intuit.  Not sure if they helped or TurboTax finally got to the issue.  There was an issue with their entries on Foreign Tax Credit Form 1116.  All I had to do was re-enter the info and and re-file.  Crossing my fingers for success.  Thanks to all for your feedback and support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies