Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ed_b
Returning Member

E-File was rejected because of "duplicate" 1099-R forms.

I submitted a TurboTax diagnostic copy of my return on this issue.  It was assigned token # 814625.

I'd be interested to hear what and where the real problem is on this issue.

I also saw that another user had done the same thing.  Below is that user's posting:

We have same issue. It's rejected because of duplicate 1099R. We share our file. Please let me know asap you can fix or not. Because our state doesn't admit extension. We have to file by next week.

Token number is 814723.

valf
Level 2

I’m having the same issue, 3 rejections already.

Called support and they asked me to clean my browser history and cache and re-file.

No idea how this can help but let’s see...I should get a rejection or accepted by tomorrow.

adgjlk8

Same thing happened to me.

GabiU:

Extremely disappointed in TurboTax/Intuit.  This issue has been going on for three weeks, now, and TT has ignored the issue, except for your request for diagnostic copies of returns that have already used the penny solution, thus no longer have the problem.  Inadequate Quality Control and Testing on the product before launching, no update to the product to include detecting the condition that causes the IRS to reject the TurboTax E-File, no notification to users that they may have to manually file their taxes, no coordination with the IRS to validate and correct the problem (whether IRS receiving file scan or TT transmitted file fault).  Someone is demonstrating their incompetence at doing their job.

Ella4

Same problem this morning.  TT rep assured me it was an "agency rejection."  Told me to file by mail.  I will probably try the penny maneuver after giving TT a few more days to clean up their act.  The 1099s are identical except for the "account number."  TT just needs to transfer the "account number" info to the IRS.

It occurs to me that maybe either the TT system or the IRS system cannot process a 20-digit account number.  Only the last two digits differ.  Could be a truncation problem.

valf
Level 2

I’m wondering if I try the $0.01 workaround wouldn’t raise a red flag at IRS? 

Cents are not sent to the IRS - only whole dollar amounts are.    As long as adding or subtracting a cent does not change the rounding to the nearest dollar amount, it will not go on your tax return at all.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Did anyone received already refund after changing amount? 

I haven't but IRS's Where's My Refund shows my refund should be deposited next week.  

valf
Level 2

As expected I received the 4th rejection today. I changed one 1099R adding one cent and re-filed. One hour later I received the Accepted email. 🎉

Thank you all for this tip, I really didn’t want to file by mail.

bknight0
Returning Member

It is unbelievable that Turbotax has not fixed this issue.  I've been using TT for years and NEVER had a rejection.

valf
Level 2

The same here, this is my 10th year with TT...

@valf Is this the place where you added a cent? Do I need to add a cent to 1 and 2a as well?

Capture.PNG

I tried this but did not find the change in the generated PDF file. Did that happen to you as well?

valf
Level 2

Yes, I changed in both boxes. And it will not change your 1040 (pdf) and that’s OK, you actually don’t want to report to IRS something different. 

Thanks @valf !

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies