turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does TurboTax efile my Form 37 and my SD-100 as well with my state return or do I need to print and file those? This is for Ohio.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

Does TurboTax efile my Form 37 and my SD-100 as well with my state return or do I need to print and file those? This is for Ohio.

Form 37 (RITA) cannot be e-filed. It must be printed and mailed. The Ohio Filing instruction should have indicated that it needed to be printed and mailed.

Usually  the School District return  is e-filed with the state return, but there are exceptions. Read the Ohio 'filing instructions" that TurboTax prepares, They will tell you if the SD100 was e-filed or if you have to mail it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Form 37 (RITA) cannot be e-filed. It must be printed and mailed. The Ohio Filing instruction should have indicated that it needed to be printed and mailed.

Usually  the School District return  is e-filed with the state return, but there are exceptions. Read the Ohio 'filing instructions" that TurboTax prepares, They will tell you if the SD100 was e-filed or if you have to mail it.

When you review the return, prior to filing, please look at the state filing instruction page for that answer.

Recognizing that I need to file RITA form 37 myself, TurboTax appears to fill out form 37 on my behalf.   HOWEVER, it is posting an incorrect value for "taxable income", as at least 2 years in a row I have received correction notices from RITA indicating additional tax due because of "W-2 Wages understated on line 1a".  This also leads to penalties.  RITA form 37 instructions note that "For most taxpayers, qualifying wages cannot be less than Medicare wages (Box 5 of the W-2 form)."  Turbotax is picking up some other value, and I've not determined from where.  Beware!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies