Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does this mean turbo tax received my refund and is pending for deposit?? Order Status: Payment Pending

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Does this mean turbo tax received my refund and is pending for deposit?? Order Status: Payment Pending

TurboTax never receives taxpayer's refunds.  Payment Pending means the IRS has accepted your return, approved your refund, and payment is about to be scheduled and made.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DavidD66 How long does it take to receive payment after you see the status: payment pending? I filed my taxes before the IRS started accepting submissions and sent them on Feb 11th so I’ve been waiting more than a few weeks and it has already been accepted. At first when it was initially accepted, the blue bar under my refund amount was halfway colored in or filled up and now the entire bar or line is blue as though it is complete. Thanks so much for reading!

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Amberandrome Typically, it take about 3 weeks to receive the refund once your return has been accepted. If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, please see the following help article: What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

Tubbs2021

Mine has said payment pending since my taxes was accepted on 2/12, and I have still yesterday to receive my refund. My WMR shows me on 1 bar, my 21 days was up on Friday and I called the IRS and they said i was still in processing. To wait 10 weeks. So the payment pending does not mean it was been approved. Plus my tax transcripts still show N/A and havent updated to my new address yet either, so i know my taxes havent even been touched. 

Mine says payment completed and I haven’t get my refund please let me know if your situation changes I will to

Mine just changed to payment completed. How long will I wait 

dawnmarie2128
Returning Member

Mine changed to payment complete yesterday i hope i get them very soon

Billiejeank27
Returning Member

If the full bar on turbotax website means my return has been accepted, approved and a date has been set how long will it take after all that. The bar on turbotax website went from halfway to full last Friday the 5th. And here it is the 10th and still waiting. Don't tell me to check the IRS site. It is not updating and thus useless.

Billiejeank27
Returning Member

How long did your account say payment pending 

Baby 2020

How long after it says payment completed will I have to wait 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

There are a lot of delays for federal refunds this year. The IRS is working overtime to get stimulus payments sent out to you and process your tax returns. Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue: Please visit here and see all services that have slowed down or been delayed due to Covid-19.

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS. The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. 

To check on regular tax refund status via automated phone, call 800-829-1954. (This line has no information on Economic Impact Payments.)The only other way to know when your refund will be released is to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Please see here  for more information on checking the status of an e-filed return.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status as it moves through the process here.

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

Keyz1982
Returning Member

So did you get it

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Payment Pending for Order Status sounds like you ordered something and your payment is pending.  Maybe to pay for your TurboTax? 

To check your Efile Status, click this link.

Did you receive ur refund yet?  Mine just changed to completed today

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies