ValT2017

Direct Deposit Dates for People with Credits (EIC/ACTC)

@rhood711  you're right! Although nothing has changed on my return besides my place of employment

lalalala24681012

@rhood711  hi! As an employee of TurboTax, and someone who has done taxes for H&R Block for over  15 years nothing posted here by me has ever been misleading or false. The information I share is completely true and verified by the IRS. Feel free to give them a call and ask if you'd like. Best of luck to you.

lalalala24681012

@huitt913 hello. so the best way to know if you have an issue is to check the status of your transcripts. If you have a code 570 there is a hold for some reason on the process of your return. If you also have a code 971 the IRS will be sending you a letter in regards to the hold. As I mentioned there are a large amount of early filers that are under a 60 day review and the IRS is not asking anything from the taxpayer. In these situations, I recommend strongly contacting your local Tax Advocate to avoid having to wait 60 days. If they deem you ineligible for their services, contact the local congressmen for your state. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

rhood711

@lalalala24681012 Ok, first, if you look by your name, it doesn't state that you're an employee of Turbo Tax. It appears that you are just a regular filer/forum participant. And I've seen employee posts and they have a label of "Employee Specialist" or something similar underneath their name on the posts. I am not implying that you're not an employee. But no one knows that by how your profile presents on your posts.

Second, you took my request personally, like I was saying that you're incorrect. I was merely requesting you cite your source when making blanket statements that will cause many people to panic.

It wasn't a personal attack. And honestly, whether a Turbo Tax employee or not, you should still cite your source. 

brookie32784

Files 1/28 accepted 1/29. No bars and showing TT152. Have education credit and ACTC. Last year I did not receive my return until the end of June due to IRS throwing millions of us under unnecessary review. So I’m concerned I might have the same issue this year. 

lalalala24681012

@rhood711  as stated in all posts here my source, the IRS, is noted. Best of luck to you. 

Taya2012

Woohoo!!! Well got my DDD of 2/26 so I will have mine on Tuesday. I’ll check back in then with a final update. Hang in there everyone. 

lalalala24681012

@Taya2012 congratulations and happy spending!! 😀

hard23

I filed and was accepted on 1/21. WMR updated for me last night with a DDD for 2/26. 

rhood711

@lalalala24681012 you note them. Not cite them as a source.

I could say the IRS is giving everyone a million dollar refund and that isn't citing a source. I am just saying the acronym "IRS."

This would be an example of a citation of a source in my million dollar example: "I am an employee of Turbo Tax and we received information from the IRS stating that they will be issuing everyone a million dollar refund."

Look, I'm done with this back and forth. Do as you please. Because you will anyway. I am attempting to stop trolling on here because many people have children,  are counting on this money and are going crazy with worry. And there have been trolls on many forums trying to cause panic.

But obviously you're not concerned about that and just want to say whatever. Just drop it, please.

Kaitlin775

So, question. I received a DDD of 2/26. My refund is going onto the TT prepaid visa with fees and advance taken out. Is there a chance I’d receive the money before the 26th? I’ve never used a card before, but I did because of the advance I needed this year. 

brookie32784

Me too! Any updates? 

justmeamye

@austinrome  I’m using the Green Dot card for the first tine just for that purpose. My regular bank always wait until the day of to deposit my return, but I heard that people who use prepaid cards get it quicker, so I decided to try it this year based on reviews. 
My DDD is for 2/26 as well, let’s hope they are right 🙂

Emp22

Filed and accepted 1/30 woke up to a ddd of 2/26! 

brookie32784

Me either! Ugh!