turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Direct Deposit Dates for People with Credits (EIC/ACTC)

@Mum_Liv

If you were showing Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No EIC but 3 ACTC.

I filed on 1/25/20, was accepted on 1/27/20. I checked on 2/12 and I had the first bar as return was received. Pulled transcript, said nothing was submitted yet. My cycle code ends in 05, so I logged back on Saturday 2/15 and my transcripts had all my refund codes but no 846 code. I had a path message up until today. Now it’s blank, no bars, just says it’s processing. The latest I’ve ever received my refund is 2/27 so I’m hoping to get an update with a DDD sometime this week. 

Usually when you have bars then they disappear, you end up in the next phase when they come back up. That’s always been my case. I’m in the same phase as you now. Had bars, they are gone, hoping to see a change soon. 

E-filed using TT with EIC 1/30.

Return Accepted 1/30

Received PATH message up until yesterday(2/15) when it changed to "Your return has been received and is being processed".

I've been claiming the EIC for more than 6 years now, and have always gotten my return the last week of Feb, or the first week of March.

Weird thing is that I'm getting my state return before my Federal return this year, with my state refund scheduled to be Direct Deposited on 2/17 according to my state's refund portal. First time this has ever happened.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It does happen often the state return will process faster, as they only process a small portion compared to the amount the federal portion processes. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@ChrisGA really? I have ALWAYS received my state within 10 days of being accepted. I’m from Maryland. Not sure if every state is different but it’s never taken long at all to get my state refund. Maybe because it’s so little 🤣

I only had path message. Now it's gone. Says processing.  Checked my transcripts it says processing 02/24. I filed and was accepted 1/20/2020

Ok so my code thing is 20200605 can someone translate hahaha

@hard23 The processing is weird because mine this time around says 3/5/2020. When I pulled up my last 4 years, 2019 says processing 2/23 but I had a refund date of 2/27. 2018 says 3/06 but I had a refund 2/22. 2017 said 3/13 but refund came 2/23. So I’m not 100% sold that the processing date on your transcript means you’re DDD date. And for the cycle code, you should update Thursday/fridays 

Filed 1/30 with EIC and ACTC. Had one bar since then until this morning. Now I have no bars and a message that says "your tax refund is still being processed" and the link to Topic 152, which has been there the whole time as well. 

I read above that someone said that in their experience, when they lose bars, that they have a change when the bars come back up. 

I also saw that a lot of people are seeing their bars disappear. Hoping this means we will have a DDD soon!

@ChrisGA 

Same here, except I already got my state refund DD on 02/12! Which has NEVER happened this early before, but hey not complaining. Hopefully DDD is there once their system updates and bars return or updated info.

I haven’t seen one person with credits say they have a ddd only that it updated to “we have received your tax return and it’s being processed”.. hoping it updates tonight for everyone 

Did your process today because I know all banks were closed mine also was saying the 17 but nothing  updated since it said we have received your refund and it is being processed 

EIC Accepted 1/28. PATH message disappeared, no code just showing in progress no bars showing either. Turbo Tax gave estimated date of 2/18.  Already received Michigan State refund on 2/10. 🙏🏽

Same here. No more path.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies