`

Direct Deposit Dates for People with Credits (EIC/ACTC)

This is the OP again. In preparation for tomorrow:

For those of you who didn't see my post yesterday, a Jackson Hewitt employee told me that the WMR site is supposed to update tomorrow for many people with credits AND the IRS will start disbursing funds tomorrow. 

Now, this person could be wrong. But she seemed sure of the information she was providing to me. Assuming what she says is going to happen does in fact happen, it would be helpful if those following the thread could do the following. 

Check WMR, if you have an update, please post what it says with DDD (if applicable) and the time you checked the site. If you have fees coming out of your refund, check SBBT/SBTPG and if there is an update, please post what it says and the time you checked the site.

And when you get your deposit (whether it's as early as tomorrow, which IS possible for some pay card holders (Serve, Netspend, etc)) please post DDD posted on WMR, actual DDD, time, and the card or bank you use.

Obviously people are free to post that they have nothing yet, etc., but please just do that once per day until your WMR does update. 

I hope the Jackson Hewitt employee is correct. For my son and me and everyone who is waiting!

Thanks everyone for following and contributing to this thread.

This is the first time Ive gotten the PATH message. Does it affect anything? I'm curious.

Following

@hard23 : No, it's just indicating that your refund is being held due to the PATH Act. Some people with credits get it, some don't . It's basically informative. 

Hi Everyone!!

My return was accepted 1/27.

I too have the Path message.

I checked my transcripts and they are just like last year.

It shows the refund for 2-21-20

Last year it obviously was off by one day.

Monday the 18th it updated last year with a deposit of the 2-22-19

Thankfully my bank shows pending deposits immediately, and I had access to it that Wednesday.

So I expect mine to update Monday the 17th with a deposit date of 2-21 which is what my transcript show.

I have had my refund show in my bank before WMR ever showed a deposit date every year.

That is correct. In an attempt to protect individual tax filers, the IRS enacted the PATH act. So there is need to worry if you fall in that category of tax filers.

Filed 1/25

Accepted 1/27

One bar no update since accepted. EITC.

Also,

On the Sbtpg it's showing my refund amount being received by the IRS. Does that mean it's going to DD once path act is lifted? 

@DadOf4 Do you mean it is showing that SBTPG is showing that they received the refund? If so, you could get it any time now. They will send it to your bank, probably today and if your bank doesnt hold it until the deposit date, you get it.

But if you mean that it's just showing your refund amount, the answer is no, you get it after SBTPG gets it and sends it to your bank and your bank makes it available. 

What exactly is SBTPG I have read alot of comments but ive never heard of it can you only use it if you pay for turbo tax? Just curious. 

@rhood711  

It shows my refund amount in the top box and when I click on "what's this mean?" It says "deposits TPG has received- typically by the IRS and state" and below that it shows the advance I received to be deducted.

Hope that clarified what I meant.😊

From what ive heard, thats correct. But if you had the "free" TT then it wont work either. Just from what I've read others say. 

@DadOf4. can you use it if you file for free??

@DadOf4. Okay thank you was just wondering.

My processing date is 2-17-2020. I know it’s a holiday Monday so the IRS will be closed but my process is the same from last year so I probably will get it by the the 25th. I checked my transcripts and account and I don’t have the 846 code yet.

@DadOf4 If you go back on the website, there is an "expected refund amount" and a "received amount" if you scroll over. Mine currently says the expected amount, but says $0 for received. What is your received amount?