turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tanya7799

CP09 notice for unclaimed EIC

Whew finally a real timeline. Ok I mailed mines out on April 19th so that’s a good thing. I was trying to call to see if they received it but no luck so I guess I’ll just wait

Been 8 weeks here no answer...no update

5 weeks here also and no info or status 🙄 

So I sent the form on 4/4. Just now I got the check. It was a pretty penny too. I notice that if you go to the "Where is my refund" page on the IRS website and fill out it out with the original info from your tax return it changes to "We have received your tax return and we are processing it" situation. That is how I know that they got everything and I just had to wait . Good luck guys!
Gizza

As of May 27th it has been 101 days, long story short it should come by May 30th or June 4th direct deposit to my bank. I’m baffled Turbotax wouldn’t at least send a memo to users of their software for years.

Also the amount is beautiful all I can say lmfao.

TT has no feedback link from the IRS related to refunds; that is an IRS control mechanism I would presume that TT has no control over.  It's up to you to check the IRS website for the status of the refund.   

Taxpayers can check the status of their refunds here --> https://www.irs.gov/refunds

I was also informed of this filled out the papers back in July and here it is January 2021 and still haven't heard anything didn't receive a letter saying I was denied so I finally called the IRS they informed me that the letter was real and that they were waiting for it to be processed but like I said I'm still waiting

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

It is going to take awhile to process that form.  The IRS was shut down due to covid and they are still dealing with a huge backlog.  You can call their toll-free line at 800-829-0922 to check the status.  @Curryjackie30

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I received a notice telling me to fill out the form but there is no form 

what do I do

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

The Earned Income Credit Worksheet on page 3 of the notice.

If the worksheet confirms you’re eligible for the credit, sign and date the worksheet and mail the signed worksheet in the envelope provided with your notice.  If you're not eligible for the credit, do not return the worksheet.

The EIC is a credit for certain people who work and have earned income. The credit may give you a refund even if you do not owe any tax.

@Kayhernandez14

Same here....  Where is the worksheet??? I only received one page in the envelope. That page tells me to complete Form 15111 but doesn't include one and I cannot find that form listed anywhere on the IRS wbesite.

I found this:

Use the EITC Assistant | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

Is the resulting "summary" the worksheet everybody is talking about?  I printed it out...  Is it better just to wait until the "amend" forms are avail in TruboTax at the end of March and do it this way?  I've been using TurboTax for years and have never seen something like this happen...  I'm super disappointed. 

Did you see the part where we're saying that the IRS isn't actually including the Worksheet in the mailing?  Where do we find it???? Where is Form 15111???

You should contact your IRS because there may be some unclaimed money that you need to be claimed especially if it's a cp09 I received a form like that and didn't claim and earn income credit I just got in my check this year so you should contact your IRS about that

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

The worksheet should be on page 3. 

That should be the only thing the IRS asks you to fill out. 

Make sure this is from the IRS, check the return mailing address etc. 

Do not give out sensitive information to someone you don't know. 

TurboTax computes your Earned Income Tax Credit automatically. 

Below is a link with more information and the IRS phone number. 

IRS cp09 information

@goodkinbrett

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies