turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Phylicia969  yes the fees are supposed to be paid out of the tax refund not out of the stimulus check so yes I know the fees have to be paid but people only signed consent forms pertaining to their refunds not stimulus check which is another reason turbo tax shouldn’t send a different account to the irs and then show us something different 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@jokkun wrote:

Does this from Santa Barbara only apply to the cards or does it apply to folks who did give TT their actual bank info (not a TT card or prepaid card), but had fees deducted from their refund??

Our 1040 lists our bank's DD info, not TT's. But we paid for audit defense and other services and had these deducted from our refund, so our refund was listed as from "tax services something" on our bank records, not the treasury.

Will we still receive a stimulus DD? 

SBTPG provided the IRS with bank info for *ALL* its TurboTax customers, whether an actual bank account, Turbo Card, or other prepaid card. (There was an question earlier about Turbo Cards based on something SBTPG posted, but that was cleared up earlier today.) Several people who used SBTPG to pay fees from their refund, with the difference forwarded by SBTPG to a regular bank account (that's why you had that odd description in your bank records), have reported receiving their stimulus directly from the IRS (bank records will show "IRS TREAS" and "TAX REF"). It's just taking longer for some folks than others, partly because they're going out in batches and partly because accounts without an "early direct deposit" feature (i.e., most ordinary bank accounts) may not make it available until Wednesday morning.

I read 64 pages, 13 threads and through 3 different Google searches and it wasn't mentioned once. Everyone was concerned about prepaid cards. But thanks for your "smart" response, Cali34. 

RBBrittain, You're a champ. I saw your response to someone else right after my question. Thank you!

Ok.... SO... I have the TT chip card they sent me to get my refund on after I paid the FREE FEES (ha) and did my own taxes, but the IRS took ALL of my refund for owing from a few years ago. Does anyone have ANY IDEA if this card will still be used to deposit the stimulus, even though the IRS never used the account? The acct and routing numbers all match, but again, it wasn't used by the IRS for depositing. Any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks, everyone!!

@Mcridley wrote:

@Phylicia969  yes the fees are supposed to be paid out of the tax refund not out of the stimulus check so yes I know the fees have to be paid but people only signed consent forms pertaining to their refunds not stimulus check which is another reason turbo tax shouldn’t send a different account to the irs and then show us something different 

The "other account" (a temporary account created by SBTPG at a partner bank, used *only* to receive your refund, then immediately closed) is how it's been done since the bad old days of RALs; SBTPG receives the refund, deducts all fees and advances, and forwards the remaining balance to your own bank account or prepaid card (including Turbo Cards). There was no fraud; that's what the signed consent forms were for.

For the stimulus, SBTPG provided your bank data (the same that Intuit put on your printed 1040, including for Turbo Cards) to the IRS at the IRS' request; the IRS is using it to send you the stimulus payment directly. No fraud there either; what Intuit printed on your return is where your stimulus is going.

I would love to know this as well .... time will tell .

@ElaineS1031 wrote:

Ok.... SO... I have the TT chip card they sent me to get my refund on after I paid the FREE FEES (ha) and did my own taxes, but the IRS took ALL of my refund for owing from a few years ago. Does anyone have ANY IDEA if this card will still be used to deposit the stimulus, even though the IRS never used the account? The acct and routing numbers all match, but again, it wasn't used by the IRS for depositing. Any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks, everyone!!

Since you had no fees (and apparently no advance), the bank info TurboTax sent the IRS is from your Turbo Card. (If you had used SBTPG, they would have sent it to the IRS.) Since the IRS has your bank info for direct deposit purposes (even though you didn't get one), you *should* get the stimulus on your Turbo Card. (And no, the IRS can't collect back taxes from the stimulus check; only child support.) If it doesn't happen (i.e., the IRS ignored your bank info because your refund went to back taxes), go to the IRS "Filers: Get Your Payment" portal (right side of https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments ) on Friday and enter your bank info there.

Jluism36

On my turbo account is there a card on file 

@cinemastaff did you get an advance for your tax return?

@Tksob4 did you get a refund advance?

@RBBrittain My friends have only owed taxes for the past couple of years but had their account info to pay the fees and for state refund. They got their direct deposit no problem this morning so don't worry! 

@macybri3 no advance or fees taken out

It's so many confusion stories going around saying if we recieved a advance on our taxes and we recieved our taxes on the turbo tax card that we will be getting a paper check is this true I need to know if i got my tax money on my turbo card that i will get my stimulus check on turbo  card it should not matter if we recieved a advance or not 

@cinemastaff   Do you have the money in your account or did you just get the notification that it will be there on the 15th. 

also, for sakes..  did you get an advance on your refund and have fees taken out of refund?  

I have gotten like 3 or 4 different error messages so far when trying to log into TT Debit Card app.  

@White0389  Whatever Account/Routing number that's on your most recent 1040 is where the stimulus money is being sent. If those numbers are from the account linked to your turbo card, it's going there. There's a portal opening up this week that will allow you to update your direct deposit info if need be, and track your payment status. You'll know for sure by midnight on Wednesday if it's on your turbo card or not. Some people have been notified of pending deposits, some have not. Different circumstances surround the stimulus payment, so you could still get your money without notification. Best to just wait until 4/15 @ 12AM.

Manage cookies