turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jluism36

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I lost the message send information once again for I could check

Jluism36

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I never received no paperwork from you. Is there a way I could have print out for I could check

Nothing on my account says pending either, but the same thing happened with my tax refund last year. It just showed up 12AM on the dot the exact date it was supposed to be posted, not early like I had hoped. Just gonna assume it's the same deal and roll with it. If it's not there, it's not there and I'll figure it out. 

Lol funny they say I’m signed up to receive a text and email notification upon any deposits posted and purchase transactions and they don’t even send me those notifications.  But will waste my time to email me when ever I log onto TurboTax.com

I closed my bank account & need a card to get stimulus money....how do I do it?

Turn on your notifications you just don’t believe anyone because he never received it yet I don’t believe in till I got is around 11 this morning I’m in CA. And for all the people saying that those never notifications about pending deposits I 100% percent agree that turbo cad never does that But this is not like a regular deposit you get they might implement it because it’s a stimulus DD and maybe the IRS is making Turbo card do that to stop all the complaining that’s going around if you had a regular bank then why didn’t you not use it for your taxes instead of getting a Turbo Card?

Once again I’ll put the proof that I got the notification like everybody else has everyone is in the same boat so just chill everyone And if you think I ain’t got nothing to worry because I got cash I’m going over to my friends right now to pick up $20 because I’m still waiting on unemployment and I’m broke Had to pay car payment utilities and rent just like everybody else if you just read the previous comments instead of just going to the end of the thread and reading then you might get some information

583B5208-264A-4055-B407-111F603B26BD.jpeg

Does this from Santa Barbara only apply to the cards or does it apply to folks who did give TT their actual bank info (not a TT card or prepaid card), but had fees deducted from their refund??

Our 1040 lists our bank's DD info, not TT's. But we paid for audit defense and other services and had these deducted from our refund, so our refund was listed as from "tax services something" on our bank records, not the treasury.

Will we still receive a stimulus DD? 

@Jcav5207 I had the same issue, then I recieved the e mail. 

@irishfish69 

Ok ... if you no longer have a bank account to receive the money then YOU need to BUY a pre paid VISA debit card at the store (that allows IRS deposits ... not all do)  and register it to you  and get the routing & account number for that card  THEN  when the IRS opens the portal on Friday you can access your "account" and update the DD info.   You cannot get any debit cards from TT after you file a return. 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

After all this dust settles from the Covid-19 I am going to be checking in to file a class action suit. It is unethical how this company operates. 

@Jluism36 wrote:

I just want to update my bank iinformation. IF its needed.

No need; whichever account your refund went to (bank account, Turbo Card, other prepaid card) is where your stimulus is going. It's been confirmed that using SBTPG to deduct fees and/or advances will NOT affect this; SBTPG provided your bank info (including for Turbo Cards) to the IRS to send out the stimulus.

If your account has been closed since you received your refund, it will be returned to the IRS and you will get a paper check. Starting Friday, check the IRS "Filers: Get My Payment" portal on the right side of https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments ; you may not be able to enter your new bank info till after the payment is returned by your old bank and you're officially in the paper check line.

@jokkun you Will receive funds to whatever account is listed on your 1040 in the direct deposit line, so from what you are saying it would be to your bank account.

if you read all the pages of this thread this is mentioned at least 20 times.

I wish I knew! it'll probably get sent IRS and mail and they will mail it to you

@Southerdan33 @Your claim has no basis and how are they unethical? 

did you not read all the documentation you had to click “Agree” to? It’s not unethical. 

also, I don’t understand how so many people are angry at Intuit. They have done nothing wrong. This is a new situation. We all have to learn and adapt that includes these companies. They were receiving information. Just as quickly as we were, gotta love the Internet. So because they don’t know an answer instantaneously they are unethical? Should someone call you unethical for anytime you ever didn’t give a 100% accurate and immediate reply to something?

@Steveninspokane  Are u having complications logging in I have changed pass word 100 times it seems like and it say try back later

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies